Are designers playing games with us? [Spoiler Alert]

acada

Here I am at Forsaken Airfield. The first transmitter is pretty straightforward. So I planned forward: "Next transmitter closest to me is Forlong Muskeg". OK, it is a swamp. There is no car, so no battery. So I took one from Broken Railroad. Damn those things are heavy. Found the trainsmitter and THE BATTERY WAS THERE. Next the Pleasant Valley. Took no battery, because I expected it is Signal Hill and there must be load of equipment. NOPE. There was no battery there. Now I wait what I can expect in Milton. I suspect the battery can be in the map. But another problem arised. Wires. I have exact number of needed fuses. But the wires I dont have any.

Well played designers, well played (I dont mean it bad).

Nice. So I will proceed with hope, everything is in Mountain town. You know I had a voyager run once, where I was not able to find prybar till day 60 or 80. Prybar... on voyager... I think I found it while cheking the last map available at the time.

So while not looking to spoilers I will proceed and see what can be seen.

5 hours ago, acada said:

Nice. So I will proceed with hope, everything is in Mountain town. You know I had a voyager run once, where I was not able to find prybar till day 60 or 80. Prybar... on voyager... I think I found it while cheking the last map available at the time.

So while not looking to spoilers I will proceed and see what can be seen.

Good luck!

The fun continues. Here I am in Molly's farm-house preparing for departure. It is after midnight and voila aurora. So I whipped out the radio. Yellow: nothing. Blue though is beeping. So I thought OK then. I followed the direction, keeping eye on wolf pack and bear. The beeping is faster and faster. I think I am close. Suddenly sprains on both hands. No matter I continue. I must be almost there. Then boop-beep. Radio is silent, aurora ends. All I can see is really suspicious heap of snow but I can do nothing with it. I am pretty sure I am at the location, there is nowhere to go in the direction.

OK at least is beutifull morning. Mornings like this are rare at Pleasant Valley. I think the great bear ghost is poking me to stick with my original plan to repair all transmitter first and then continue with some mysteries.

My usual strategy to unlock all map first (all broken transmitter in TLD) seems to be not good. I found lot of wires and fuses in the Bleak Inlet. Also I found tons of timberwolfes which seems to be little unusual. One would say buggy. Revolver shots seems to does not scare them, only direct hits. Flashbangs the same. And the Fluffy in the workshop. It did not bit me, but it was running like hell through the shop and it took me good amount of revolver shells to end it.

So Im playing on survival mode, and have found and repaired one of these transmitters in desolation point.  Something that hopefully someone can answer is are these transmitters actually used in survival mode or are they really only intended for story mode.  FYI I havent found the handheld shortwave yet, not sure if thats in/used in survival mode either.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:25 AM, dave1122 said:

So Im playing on survival mode, and have found and repaired one of these transmitters in desolation point.  Something that hopefully someone can answer is are these transmitters actually used in survival mode or are they really only intended for story mode.  FYI I havent found the handheld shortwave yet, not sure if thats in/used in survival mode either.

Hi Dave.  Part 2 - Signal Void tale is played in survival mode.  I believe you may need to start the Tale before you can repair the transmitters (could be wrong).  Even if you could repair them, you need the shortwave to help locate the Tale's bunkers.  Also, I don't believe there is a transmitter in Desolation Point - perhaps you are confusing it with another zone?

My journal is telling me, that I have found 4 from 6 transmitters. Those I did not find are withotut location. But Tale is pointing me back to the Forsaken Airfield. So I suppose one of these not marked transmitters could be in DP. And I think another one could be in Blackrock Prison. There is mine there ....