Any clue where a heavy hammer could be with the new update.

SuperStriker16

I'd try any red toolboxes in the zone first.  As others have said, spawns are random; but it wouldn't surprise me if, somehow, containers that somewhat match the intent of the item have a higher probability still (e.g. I look for clothes in dressers and lockers; tools in toolboxes, food in kitchen cabinets, etc.).

• Upvote 1

The one I found like I said my post, was in a mystery lake fishing cabin by the door. In the past I’ve found them in Hibernia, signal hill, and most in the hydro dam, but that was before the update. I hope this helps but unfortunately if it was easy to find one, then it wouldn’t have taken me so long. Good luck surviving!

• Upvote 1

They weren't kidding when they said tools were going to be rarer!😁.  Thanks . I'm on my way down to lower bleak but I'll check it out on the way back home.  

There used to be different locations for each level difficulty but I don't know if that's changed or not now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I don't mind either.😊.    It's usually just the wildlife I can't find but now it's everything!😄

On average, I think there is a little less loot concentrated in most areas on most (if not all) difficulties.  For the first time in eons, I actually found absolutely no clothing in the Camp Office in Mystery Lake and only came up with a set of driving gloves between the fishing cabins and the fishing huts.  On that run, I've found no guns and very little ammo in all of Mystery Lake... and baseline resources are set to high.  I don't mind it, but it is going to mean that my one-zone runs are going to be more difficult overall.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

On average, I think there is a little less loot concentrated in most areas on most (if not all) difficulties.  For the first time in eons, I actually found absolutely no clothing in the Camp Office in Mystery Lake and only came up with a set of driving gloves between the fishing cabins and the fishing huts.  On that run, I've found no guns and very little ammo in all of Mystery Lake... and baseline resources are set to high.  I don't mind it, but it is going to mean that my one-zone runs are going to be more difficult overall.

I found no food or clothes in camp office either . Which is a total surprise especially food .   Even the dam has been eerily empty.

It does sound like snowballs are going to be very hard to do now,even on lower difficulties.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Same here, but I kinda like having do more scavenging and hunting, but it is pretty annoying.

Half the fun for me in pilgrim is looking for and finding something, especially in all those dark nooks and crannies but not finding anything even in plain sight is rather disheartening.  I don't mind having to hunt but I shouldn't be having to on day 10.   I've actually started curing saplings too and that I shouldn't need to do until late in the game.  

There is an awful lot of water tablets and antiseptic though!  Both of which I never ever use😁

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

i know it's been a while but maybe this will help:

On my several Interloper, Super Interloper (everything like nogoa except birch is on, minimal daily health regeneration is on, you start in a clear day) and NOGOA runs since the console update i can say i found hammer in PV in those 2 locations: 

- In the barn (the big red one) on the lower table left of the pickup truck (2 times),

- behind the fire barrel inside the small barn near the road close to farm where you can sleep in the hey (one time),  

That are the only 2 locations where i found hammers in PV in about 8 runs. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2023 at 7:44 PM, szotrab said:

Its been a while I admit....

But is going on...no tools in Hibernia.

Do I need a heavy hammer 🔨 to crack some acorns? Really? That's nuts 🙂

About the hammer and acorns, that's what I was thinking. Hell, even the First Nations people would use a grinding stone. Just pick up a rock and start grinding on any flat surface -- a road, the ice, a rock, a floor -- it shouldn't be that hard, just time consuming.

Edited by mountain-exile
Needed to add something