Finding some new glitches with the latest update

Has anyone noticed any moose  sign (scraped trees) since the update.  I've encountered several moose in different regions with different custom starting parameters; but I haven't spotted a single scraped tree/moose sign so far.  Is this a bug or has HL intenionally removed them from the game?

Another pattern that seems to be emerging from my tests (but still requires more verification due to RNG):  Stick spawns in the standard difficulties seem to be more abundant than in custom when the appropriate settings are the same as in the standard difficulties (i.e. stick, branch and stone respawn frequency and harvestable plant availability settings).  I'm running these tests in Broken Railroad (since that zone is small and has an abundance of forest where sticks should spawn).  This is not to suggest there is a lack of sticks at the higher settings, but just a comparison between the standard setting and the same settings in the custom menu.  So far, I seem to be gathering about 1/2 the sticks in custom that I'm able to gather in an equivalent standard difficulty.  Prior to the update, I never noticed this sort of difference.

Anyway, I'm going to be taking a break from test runs and concentrate on my main character for awhile.

Edited by UpUpAway95

14 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Has anyone noticed any moose  sign (scraped trees) since the update.  I've encountered several moose in different regions with different custom starting parameters; but I haven't spotted a single scraped tree/moose sign so far.  Is this a bug or has HL intenionally removed them from the game?

Another pattern that seems to be emerging from my tests (but still requires more verification due to RNG):  Stick spawns in the standard difficulties seem to be more abundant than in custom when the appropriate settings are the same as in the standard difficulties (i.e. stick, branch and stone respawn frequency and harvestable plant availability settings).  I'm running these tests in Broken Railroad (since that zone is small and has an abundance of forest where sticks should spawn).  This is not to suggest there is a lack of sticks at the higher settings, but just a comparison between the standard setting and the same settings in the custom menu.  So far, I seem to be gathering about 1/2 the sticks in custom that I'm able to gather in an equivalent standard difficulty.  Prior to the update, I never noticed this sort of difference.

Anyway, I'm going to be taking a break from test runs and concentrate on my main character for awhile.

I did get the moose in twm without any rubbings ,and the same in forlorn too.  Whether it's intentional or not I don't know.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 9:09 AM, piddy3825 said:

ok, so sounds like the quartering issue where the meat disappears is actually a bug and not a random single occurrence.

We are currently investigating this issue. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 6:00 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

Thank you for posting. We suggest filing a ticket on this issue so we can investigate: http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

Thank you in advance!