Drying clothes

Leeanda

The cowichans finally thawed out and dried after a long night next to roaring fire in keepers north cabin.  I did get my first ever frostbite affliction by not paying attention 😁.  That'll teach me to presume the bear roll was going to be warm enough on its own.

• Upvote 1

Very thorough. 🌞
You're findings are very interesting.  Have you considered submitting a support ticket?
You might be able to leverage those findings to check with Hinterland and see if those behaviors you're seeing are intentional or if perhaps it's something the HL team would like to investigate and fix (should it not be their intended design).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Thanks again for all the wonderful science you're doing. :) 
image.png.0a987d84b244f8d8cc1047da11559311.png

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Very thorough. 🌞
You're findings are very interesting.  Have you considered submitting a support ticket?
You might be able to leverage those findings to check with Hinterland and see if those behaviors you're seeing are intentional or if perhaps it's something the HL team would like to investigate and fix (should it not be their intended design).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Thanks again for all the wonderful science you're doing. :) 
image.png.0a987d84b244f8d8cc1047da11559311.png

Cute pic.   Thank you🙂

Well I did wonder if the cowichans and gauntlet not drying were bugged or not.. it does seem odd that they didn't dry without a fire when everything else did.   

Hopefully @Admin will read this and give me an answer but if not I'll consider reporting it..

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Leeanda said:

More trustworthy and probably a lot less prone to rust than copper😁

I wouldn’t say more trustworthy… the leather would still be able to snap or come unattached from the crampon…

… and as we all know, copper is necessary for you to even have an “unlikely, but plausible” chance of survival 😁.

6 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I wouldn’t say more trustworthy… the leather would still be able to snap or come unattached from the crampon…

Reveal hidden contents

… and as we all know, copper is necessary for you to even have an “unlikely, but plausible” chance of survival 😁.

You have a point there..     I just associate copper with being very weak . Certainly weaker than leather but I'm definitely  no scientist😁

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love this TLD science experiment! I have always been curious about the clothes-drying mechanics too, since there can be so many variables, eg.  keeping clothes on, dumping them on the floor, proximity to fire, type of clothing, indoor ambient temp (without fire going), etc.

Off the top of my head, wool/hide items tend to take the shortest to dry and jeans seem to take forever! (Playing on interloper, but I don’t see why player level should make a difference with regard to this particular mechanic.)

9 minutes ago, cattailstalker said:

Love this TLD science experiment! I have always been curious about the clothes-drying mechanics too, since there can be so many variables, eg.  keeping clothes on, dumping them on the floor, proximity to fire, type of clothing, indoor ambient temp (without fire going), etc.

Off the top of my head, wool/hide items tend to take the shortest to dry and jeans seem to take forever! (Playing on interloper, but I don’t see why player level should make a difference with regard to this particular mechanic.)

Thanks.😊.  It was a very chilly experiment and experience.  I haven't tried the wolf coat yet to compare it with standard coats but I'm sure with the new beachcombing I will.😁.   If you're on loper and get the chance to test the bear/moose coat times I'd love to hear it.. I've never needed to use either of them.