Not at the airfield yet, but already have few questions.

acada

First is what is wrong with railroad workers at Great Bear. There are already 2 derailment which are not caused by disaster. And going from Broken Railroad towards the airfield, there is another one. I think it has to be reckless workers. Look at this. I have seen some rails damaged by seized or slipping wheels, but not serious as this:

image.thumb.png.647476c4e1a93b0843c60c56cfdc98e7.png

Another question is: Why on earth is there propane tank in the tunnel? This is kinda serious question. I have never seen such thing in my country. Is there any reason to put propane tank in tunnel?

image.thumb.png.c960147e256cbbd6baa4fa28b35550b9.png

Last question is for the person who supply us with single rosehips in trash bin. Really, another teasing?

image.thumb.png.5f06a50aabbb8a08b62a120a6ac82819.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, acada said:

image.thumb.png.5f06a50aabbb8a08b62a120a6ac82819.png

I don’t know about the first two but the last one is just a light lunch of painkillers and antibiotics mixed with a dry granola bar and washed down with a cold drink of stale water. 

Sadly, the poor sap in question had gone to finish berry picking when he noticed an array of bright lights in the sky… While he stood there admiring the celestial beauty, the last thing he saw was teeth.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

If you look hard enough, you will find quite a few art "collisions" (such as the railcar wheel).  I happened to be following the road with powerlines on it in CH last night and was looking up at the lines as I walked along (which I rarely look up!).  Lines passed through trees, power poles, etc.  It's not a big deal, but plenty if you really look for them.

• Upvote 1

I had decided to delay getting the DCL until the initial problems were removed, but a boring Xmas tempted me to have a look at the new bit. 

I have deliberately avoided reading and looking at anything about the new DCL, so I knew very little about it.  I did come across a bit which said from which region the new region was entered, so I had a little advance information.  I went to that region and started a Voyager game there.  I tried to spend as little time as possible there and get into the new region relatively virginal.

It was very interesting but not easy even at Voyager level.  I probably covered the whole region reasonably well, but I did not know that at the time.  I didn't know how far the region extended, nor did I know what I was looking for.  This is what made it interesting, and difficult.  I found what I assume were the main features, but I felt sure that I had missed more interesting areas within the region. 

I spent much time searching areas for new features, usually in very cold thick fog, but found little or nothing of interest. At one point I found a cave but couldn't add it to my charcoal map due to the fog, and I have not been able to find it again.  I found the bottom of a rope climb, without a rope, but in spite of many tries I could not find a way to the top of that rope climb.  So for all I know, there could be an undiscovered area full of all sort of buildings etc.  I thought that there might be a mine there.  There was an area that I felt must lead to something interesting, but almost every direction I took led me to the same exit points.  It seemed that it had curved lines of lat & lon. 

The fog was a major problem.  When I got a bow & arrow and went hunting, everytime I killed a deer the fog came down and I became lost and was on the verge of freezing to death  before I could find a shelter.

There were many aspects of the game that didn't seem as before. Probably the worst was the deterioration in the quality of meat which can lead to food poisoning. I have not yet worked that out.

Bon Voyage.

I have just gone back out to the airfield to to clear away black patches on the charcoal map.  However the black patches are in areas without anything of interest and I have only increased to loacations to 60.  I still have more black areas to clear so I might find another couple of locations.

Now that I have warm clothes and Level 5 Archery and Cooking it is much easier.