Are TFTFT locations going to be added to Faithful Cartographer?

This is not really a support request, but I thought I'd ask in case the devs or someone else around here has the info.

I already have the Faithful Cartographer achievement on Steam, but I got it shortly before Blackrock was added to Survival - and I never managed to get to Blackrock on that save before the current wipe due to a hiatus.

With the drop of the new expansion, I want to start a new 'faithful cartographer' and complete a list of all surveyable locations in one save again, including everything in TFTFT.

However, in my new run post-TFTFT patch, I'm not seeing any of the expansion locations in the Surveyed Locations collection. (Come to think of it, I also don't think I've seen Blackrock on there.) Can I get a confirmation on whether the Surveyed Locations list is going to include ALL named Great Bear locations once more?

Alright, good to know, thank you! It makes me sad that I won't be able to apply that unique surveying experience to the entire island, but you must have your reasons to cap the achievement, it's already pretty hefty!

In that case, for geographical completionists like myself, is there an official list somewhere of all named locations on Great Bear so that we can pretend to cartographer even without using the surveyed locations in-game?

Could you please, please, please consider releasing one if no such list exists? I was really looking forward to doing another pretend cartographer run and including all the new places, but now, how will I know I've seen them all? ☹️

• 7 months later...

@Gwynren

I'm a bit late to this particular thread, I know...

I can certainly understand why the Faithful Cartographer Achievement is not updated for TFTFT... it's likely that not every TLD player is going to be getting the TFTFT expansion, and it's probably not a good idea for that achievement to require it. :D 

However, we can still map out the new regions to our heart's content.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

On 12/7/2022 at 3:25 PM, Gwynren said:

is there an official list somewhere of all named locations on Great Bear so that we can pretend to cartographer even without using the surveyed locations in-game?

Could you please, please, please consider releasing one if no such list exists? I was really looking forward to doing another pretend cartographer run and including all the new places, but now, how will I know I've seen them all?

You could also find/compile a list from:
Region | The Long Dark Wiki | Fandom
Each region's individual page does list the named locations for you to reference, if you'd like.

• Upvote 1