Visors and notes

After @Admin's comment, thought this could use it's own thread as well!

Visor Notes. You’ll be able to find notes under visors (and other locations) that point to supply caches and other useful things, hidden all over the world.

Assuming caches will take the form of ammo boxes like we see in HRV, but may be a rock cache (or other?).

I will have to train myself to begin flipping visors again.  After years of doing it, I finally trained myself NOT to do it, resigned to the fact nothing was there :)

"Other locations"...oh, so much to be excited about!!

• Upvote 3

Guest jeffpeng
47 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I will have to train myself to begin flipping visors again.  After years of doing it, I finally trained myself NOT to do it, resigned to the fact nothing was there

So here I was thinking I finally found a problem only I have. 😆

Nah, I'm really freezing excited about this one. This would add quite a bit of "stuff to do" without outright giving (daily) quests. I like stuff to do. Because on day 3652 there really isn't that much left.

Edited by jeffpeng

I'm rather excited about this I must admit. Its why I simply can't get on with Loper, I like the excitement of loot or information or just plain "stuff". I only learned the last couple of months that the visors do pull down anyway, so I'm going to have to remember to do it. I might just write a massive note "VISORS"  and stick it to the TV. That's my usual unsubtle approach to reminding myself about things 😁

It'll be like a birthday treasure hunt every time you get in a car. Bloody marvellous.

It really is having little things to do, and finding excitement and pleasure in them, that prevents extreme boredom. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Have to admit, like you @Sgt Socks, one of my favorite aspects of TLD (and any game for that matter!) is collecting stuff.  I'm not so much excited about the visors but what clues they will give to the "stuff" at the end of the trail.

A loot goblin treasure hunt using clues from the visors?

Now *that* would be cool! 😎 😁

Edited by Sgt Socks

3 hours ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

Plenty of opportunities here for HL to have a little fun, too...

First DLC run- after unsuccessfully searching several cars, you finally strike lucky and find a small note tucked into the visor- trembling with excitement, you begin to read:

EGGS

MILK

BREAD

SARDINES

😄😄

Of course, *that's* where I put the shopping list.

Hilarious.

Ha! Another one here who will have to "re-train" myself -- I used to flip visors to show I'd checked the vehicle, but half the time I forgot, or couldn't tell if it was down or not.

Hopefully the "finds" will be interesting and varied enough to make all the renewed flipping worth it.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, twyn1 said:

I used to flip visors to show I'd checked the vehicle

I leave the hood open to show I've searched.  For those cars which are damaged and the hood won't open, I will either spray-paint it or leave some identifying object on the hood.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I leave the hood open to show I've searched.  For those cars which are damaged and the hood won't open, I will either spray-paint it or leave some identifying object on the hood.

When I am searching cars & intending to make ammo later I will leave the hood open if there's a good battery inside, then close it if/when I go back collect the battery.

I do like the idea of spray painting, but I rarely carry the cans around. I mostly just use spray paint to mark searched fishing huts and indicate the direction to head back to safe land in case of fog/blizzard.

But leaving a rock, stick or maybe a tinder plug or newsprint on the hood would definitely work! Thanks!

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2022 at 1:56 PM, GeneralJConnor said:

I used to do the hood...but having a hood up can be a liability when you need to be able to see out.

Exactly. I keep one visor down if I searched it but it's not empty, and both down if it's searched & empty. A rock or two on the hood or roof does the same thing, but I don't go out of my way to do that unless there's some lying right there. I move around with minimal weight most of the time, so usually with no rocks or paint.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Tinder, or a stick, work good too.

Not a stick! Horror of horrors! Sticks are precious Hozz. I love my sticks.

I've always done the hood up, probably still will. I didnt even think about being able to see out 🙈

But for places like Spruce Bridge I'll use one of the other methods; at least I've now found a use for tinder plugs that always seem to end up in my inventory somehow.

And maybe I'll even break out the spray paint. I guess it has to be useful for something.

I just like how immediately apparent a raised hood is, and its quick 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

the visors can be a powerfull mecanic. I mean it could lead to history of the island, but to indicate loot too, as prepper cache or specific items.

it could give the code for safe or building entrance, or backdoor to these buildings.

it could indiate short path, etc.... cook recipes, or craft recipes maybe :)

even a shopping list... "buy powder at Thompson crossing".

I'm curious to see what they'll do with that as you can give many information.

• Upvote 2