Fresh leather..?

Leeanda

1 minute ago, conanjaguar said:

Hmmm… I’ve never encountered that. Maybe we can do something with it in one of the DLCs?

Actually the most common place I've found it is at your favourite spot.  Milton!!      

That would be good if we can.. seems odd to have something that's useless in the game.

Bring on the dlc:'s😁

Unless it's extremely rare? But I've been playing since 2016 and have never seen it. Be interesting to know if others have come across it.

It might be the devs had thought about doing something with it, but either forgot or abandoned it. Who knows 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1

In all my sandboxes i played only twice i found fresh leather.

If i remember i think you're supposted to let it cure just like any hide or guts to later get normal leather. 

Question is if it is an intentional yet extremely rare thing or just a scrapped idea that got it's way in the game?

Guest jeffpeng

Back in the beta days you could harvest "Fresh Leather" from animals. You still find some of it randomly on settings with more abundant loot. At least until recently you could still cure it like saplings or hides.

Just now, jeffpeng said:

Back in the beta days you could harvest "Fresh Leather" from animals. You still find some of it randomly on settings with more abundant loot. At least until recently you could still cure it like saplings or hides.

Ah thank you.. that explains it. I am on pilgrim so loots plentiful.

6 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Well that is interesting. I guess harvesting leather from made clothes negates the need, plus the specific crafted hide clothing.

Just now, Pencil said:

I've found fresh leather several times in the yellow train car in ML, but it DID cure when I put it inside. Interesting

Hmm.. maybe I'll give it another go when I find some next.. maybe I just didn't leave it long enough. Thank you.

54 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

A couple weeks should cure anything!  Perhaps you put it in a location that did not support curing?

The last one I tried ,. I left  it inside paradise meadows  . I didn't go back there for months and it was still fresh.

I'm aware I have my own unique little bugs though.🙂

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, szotrab said:

Never seen anything like that ☺️

I am well known for my weird runs.😊.    The most common place for me to find them is at paradise meadows barn. In the box and occasionally in one of the crates in the maintenance shed in broken railroad.