story mode glitches since the update

piddy3825

Has anyone who's recently played story mode episode 3 run into any game glitches where your either stuck in the community center or 
your side quests cannot be completed because the game thinks your still in the community center?
Just curious, as I'm trying to help my nephew figure out what could be bugging his game.

I've seen on Reddit that some people have problems advancing the plot when you're supposed to go to Signal Hill, because Molly's phone call never happens. Thus never triggering the blizzard, timberwolves by the crashed truck, or the unlocking of the radio shack at Signal Hill.

So far reloading an older save and replaying seems to be the only solution. I'm currently starting a new story playthrough on unmodded Hardened Survivor to see if I can replicate any of the problems I've heard of, just in case I'm the lucky one to discover some heretofore undiscovered workaround that doesn't involve "keep trying until it works."

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/17/2023 at 6:30 PM, Semple Fi said:

I’m having issues with the update of decoupled Wintermute. Episode 3 is missing the heads up display and mouse cursor on my windows/steam version. 
Specifically after interacting with Molly.  I have to exit the game and resume the saved file.  

On 2/17/2023 at 6:36 PM, Semple Fi said:

@Admin

The  mature language filter isn’t filtering ANY language. Molly and Astrid are still using words I would be locked out of this forum for using.  
So I assume that means they are “mature” words.  

Thank you for posting! For further assistance, please file a report via our Support Portal. We appreciate any additional information you can provide about your system and settings. Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m unable to complete the side missions in episode 4 now.  Specifically the lost power workers side missions that requires access to the trailer by Bear Bend.  Every time I try and enter the trailer it gets locked on the load screen.  I’ve submitted a ticket.  

On 3/5/2023 at 9:03 PM, Semple Fi said:

I’m unable to complete the side missions in episode 4 now.  Specifically the lost power workers side missions that requires access to the trailer by Bear Bend.  Every time I try and enter the trailer it gets locked on the load screen.  I’ve submitted a ticket.  

Thank you for reaching out. This is a known issue we are working to resolve, and we hope to have a fix in one of our upcoming updates. We appreciate your patience! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this is since the most recent update in March of 2023.... Anyone having an issue getting through the plank at the end of the fire escape and dropping down into the yard on the mission "Mathis"??  I've run out of buttons to push and haven't been able to move the plank from the fire escape this time!!??  So, if I just suck and need to try harder... Let me know!

27 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

So this is since the most recent update in March of 2023.... Anyone having an issue getting through the plank at the end of the fire escape and dropping down into the yard on the mission "Mathis"??  I've run out of buttons to push and haven't been able to move the plank from the fire escape this time!!??  So, if I just suck and need to try harder... Let me know!

Answered my own question.... Restarted the episode and tried again.  Interface worked the 2nd time around.

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2023 at 7:36 PM, Semple Fi said:

Answered my own question.... Restarted the episode and tried again.  Interface worked the 2nd time around.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance in the future!