Cutting fish in half

UTC-10

I would like the capacity to cut fish in half, assumed to be cooked fish.  The smaller white fish and river trout would not be a problem but the large bass and salmon can easily have more than 1k or 2k calories.  

Now why would I want to cut a fish in half?

I figured out why I seemed to be eating cooked fish and ending up with a remaining piece that was smaller than expected (or nothing at all).  I want to stop having to practically starve myself to get the maximum calorie benefit or sacrificing calories because I was not that hungry.

I finally figured out just what was happening.  If the large cooked fish could be cut in half, the wastage of fish would go down.  😁

tl;dr If your cooked fish disappears to a greater extent than expected when consumed, this would be one reason.

[Example] 

Conditions: Level 5 cooking (+25% calories over base)

Calories    Weight (kg)   Cal/kg
Coho salmon    1,370         2.41            568.5

Hunger                 850

Coho salmon      245        0.54             453.7

There should have been 520 calories remaining in a piece weighing 0.92 kg.

Base Rate equals 453.7 cal/kg (assume level 1 cooking).
Level 5 rate equals 568.5 cal/kg (+25% over base rate).

There will be math...

What happened was that the 850 calories consumed was converted to kg of salmon using base rate of 453.7 cal/kg or 1.87 kg of fish.  

2.41 kg minus 1.87 kg equals 0.54 kg.

Game now shows the remaining 0.54 kg of salmon using the base rate of 453.7 to arrive at a calorie content of 245 calories. If it showed that 0.54 kg piece at Level 5 rate of 568.5 cal/kg then the piece would have had 307 calories.

If the game used calories to measure how much salmon was consumed there should have been a 0.92 kg piece with 520 calorie content.  

There I did it.  I can relax now.  

• Upvote 2

I am not sure I fully understand, but I think you're saying the weights don't match up. It's possible the game may have the fish weight as ((calories * 0.001) + waste weight)

Or it could be bugged, the game is still in early access so expect things to not work properly.