My 1200+ days Interloper challenge

James Hickok

Greetings survivors !

I wanted to share my 3rd attempt to finish the 100 day in each region challenge on interloper. It is a challenge inspirated by Zaknafein in one of his interloper videos about his main 1000+ days run ("try to live 100 days in each region"). There are 12 regions that count in the menu/journal so 1200 days + days that you were in transition zones will give about 1300 days or so overall. So the rules are simple:

1. Start a interloper survival run

2. Craft bow, arrows, tools as fast as you can (10-14 days is good)

3. Loot the main areas of the world (Gold mine - backpack, Summit - earwraps, wool socks, signal pistol, PV crashsite - thermal underwear and clothes)

3. Craft rabbit mitts and hat, one pair of Deers pants.

4. Take everything you need and start by choosing a region - i pick the easiest regions first and move to more difficult. Last 2 are Bleak inlet and Blackrock.

So as i mentioned this is my 3rd attempt. First finished at 748 day eaten by wolves in Broken Railroad, 2nd finished at day 300 while opening crates in Milton crash site (got carried away opening the boxes and froze to death while doing it :( ).

So far my current run goes well - i try to not get too sure of myself and do stupid things, play it safest i can. Currently on 2nd region (milton) on day 36 out of 100 after that moving to Forlom Muskeg or Pleasant Valley or Mystery lake , didnt decide yet.

So at the start i spawned in Pleasant Valley and looted the crash site and farm, farmhouse, and the little town with the community hall, then moved to Mystery lake , looted stufff there and collected the mag lense for fire, hammer and went to forlom to craft my tools, and arrows. After that i returned to Mystery Lake Hunters Cabin and stayed there for some days crafting bow and arrows, and getting first hunting going on. After a few days i began the trek to Ash canyon to get the backpack and crampons and returned via summit to gather stuff on the crashed plane. After i did all that i started the challenge - Chose Coastal Highway for starters. Got there from PV thru coal mine and took 46 coal pieces with me to CH.

I chose the house on rabbit island for my base. Its situated in the middle of the region, you can see everything from the hill and there is a fishing hut with door always near it, rabbits outside of house to snare - overall good place.

My 100 days went really smooth. I was happy for early moose spawn that i killed and several bears, did some fishing and ofc looted the entire region. In that time i was able to craft most of the clothes and get my survival skills up.

After 102 days i packed my backpack to the max and went out to Milton for another 100 days.

Here are some pictures of where i was when leaving Coastal.

29_06.2022_19-56-06-r2vm1mw4.thumb.png.c6b0a93b4bdccc86df4c49117694190b.png

29_06.2022_19-56-23-y0ai5fhw.thumb.png.afe57f04f9c88f8bef63cbcd5cbfb5a0.png

29_06.2022_19-56-34-vabmq4cc.thumb.png.a28c08c5a1352ef3302c01812c5a45ec.png

29_06.2022_19-56-45-mffypem0.thumb.png.9e2d983f048e1225bcca8fd4c5320894.png

29_06.2022_19-56-58-2x2wvx44.thumb.png.6d0c5d5d04d06b88f63e4728977ed08d.png

29_06.2022_19-57-10-051hicgw.thumb.png.9bd8872d73127a8f459636c89a92b24d.png

29_06.2022_19-57-22-nhhqgnll.thumb.png.5b4e06808afa6ce3cf70249bee24926c.png

I will update the post when(or if :) i finish Milton. Milton seems to be easy this time , warm weather , looted the entire map and currently stacking wood, food, and water in hot spots. Going well day 36 - shame the is no fishing hut in Milton would be nice to pass some time fishing.

Take care survivors !

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 3

Guest jeffpeng

Frankly I would choose BI relatively early simply because I wouldn't want to have all the regions done just to die in Bleak Inlet anyways. 😆

On 7/6/2022 at 2:18 PM, conanjaguar said:

@James Hickok

Ty jestesz Polski? Ja tesz!

Yes i am Polish :)

On 7/12/2022 at 4:27 PM, jeffpeng said:

Frankly I would choose BI relatively early simply because I wouldn't want to have all the regions done just to die in Bleak Inlet anyways. 😆

Haha :) I aint scared of Bleak Inlet - i've learned how to deal with the wolves as long as i dont play drunk or something :D Actually they are pretty easy to avoid and when You enter Cannery you can just shoot em all from above perfectly safe. I also learned that they can be kept at bay with only a torch ( as long as there is no wind) - You just kite em facing towards them when they come close and afterr a while they break the morale. I learned this from @Zaknafein video. It was scary at first few tries but worked every time - Tested in Blackrock multiple times.

Here is the video :

Ok i finally got myself to post an update.

I've successfully finished Milton Town (Mountain Town) region. Soon after i started Milton my archery skill reach lvl 5 and hunting / killing wolves went much easier then before. I chose the farm for my base (hopefully key was there this run) and almost immediatly i started to gather food supplies and skins and guts. In the meantime i looted the whole area, checked every corner everywhere. As always i use the food that i find for my kitchen base - i always make a supply in each region. I tend to save "human" food from the start of each run bcoz i like to have food stored in bases just to act as eye candy - Its easy to kill rabbits and eat cattails before you have the bow so food is not that important to me.

I was lucky to have an early moose spawn so i took care of it right away (moose gave me some hard time, wasnt a clean kill) and stored the meat in a cave nearby which i anected for another base later in the run. I also made a cave base in the milton basin and stayed there for some time - the amount of deer and wolf is insane there, a looooot of food i stored in that cave plus there is a birch forest there for teas.

There is only one bear in Milton that can spawn and almost imediately after i got to the region i went for the kill to have skins for repairing my coats. On day ~60 i became a little bored - all looted, food everywhere, fire fuel stored in bases in large numbers including coal and no fishing huts to pass some time fishing. I went for the 2nd bear spawn and that was when it happened - i was feeling too sure of myself again and got my ass mauled by the bear ( i thought he will run in str8 line but he circled around the car and i missed 2nd shot). This was my first mauling of any sort in this run and how unlucky it was !! It ruined my bedroll (first time it happened to me ever) and i was pissed as hell bcoz finding another so far in the game will most likely be ruined. I was forced to make a bearskin bedroll (i dont like it bcoz its heavy and i am warm in 2x bear coat anyway) but i only had one bear skin cured and one fresh one. I had to get back to farm bcoz i was unable to sleep in caves now. Had to stick around farm base for 12 days untill the skin cured - couldnt get down the ropes to basin cave base bcoz i would be stranded there with no way to regen stamina to climb.

In the meantime i was killing time hunting wolves near the church and then it happened - first wolf mauling. At this point the game was set to kill me , the wolf jumped me from the corner of the church - see it on video.

The rest of the run went smooth - i made my bedroll and could live my last days in Milton in my basin cave with 50+ kilos of deer and 20 + wolf meat stacked there.

When it did hit day 100 i made some pictures of the base and went to Mystery Lake for another 100 days. Currently yesterday finished day 100 there (will post later) and today heading for Pleasant Valley.

Below footage from mauling, moose kill, and wolf hunting with tire 5 archery.

WOLF HUNTING BECAME EASY WITH TIER 5 ARCHERY

Bear mauling - bedroll ruined

Moose gave me a struggle this time

Wolf wanted to end me the cheezy way

My farm base food supply

13_07.2022_10-41-59-zffcesg3.thumb.png.b0f4c3b3ab73f1e6f4c91245929bfc08.png

One of my cave bases (near moose spawn)

13_07.2022_10-46-20-1ssmeygh.thumb.png.7d08a95fb7d91bc0adaf37a2d938f58f.png

Workbench

13_07.2022_10-44-51-t140o1tu.thumb.png.09878a4b0eb54a6e2e771f9808b2933b.png

If i make it too the end of challenge and live for 100 days uniterrupted in each region the ammount of supplies i leave in each base will have a huge impact on later gaming - I will be the king of Bear Island - every region i will go there will be tons of supplies in each base. Nothing to do really than w8 for other regions to be implemented and perfecting N.O.G.O.A. runs.

Cya later survivors !

Guest jeffpeng
12 hours ago, James Hickok said:

I also learned that they can be kept at bay with only a torch ( as long as there is no wind)

That's precisely the problem in a region in which it is windy all. The. Damn. Time.

11 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

That's precisely the problem in a region in which it is windy all. The. Damn. Time.

Yes that is true - a lot of wind. That is why i never use flares untill im in that regions (BI & BL). I keep all of them that i found just for that. Always carry one red and one blue with me and rest at base in that region.

Ok survivors ! Another region complete.

Mystery lake was quite pleasant without any scary moments at all as suspected for the easiest region out there. The 100 days went so fast and smooth. Unfortunatelly i didnt have any moose spawn (not even the rare spawn) and the bear near trappers was not there. In fact i got only 2 bear spawns - One in mystery lake near fishing cabin and 2nd at pond, north of trappers. Managed to kill them twice so 4 skins for me for repairing coats and bedroll. Ofc i looted entire map , every corner. I chose Camp office for my base this time (usually its trappers) and when i got settled with food and everything i began to gather wood, sticks and harvested limbs with hacksaw (takes more time but can be repaired easier than crafted tools) for fishing purpouses. I did two fishing marathons : one lasted for 211 hours and the other for 420 so time flew nice and i got me some nice fish stacks. I got about 800+ kg of fish and stored it outside of the cabin + some cooked fish inside the cabin. When i finished my 2nd fishing trip it was already day 95 so i  spent the last days on repairing all of my stuff, packed what i could and would need (mostly arrowheads and tools) and went for another region wich i chose while fishing - Pleasant Valley. Was thinking about going to Forlom but decided i will go  there after pleasant valley and from there to broken railroad.

Currently on my 10th day in PV, killed some wolves and deer and stabilized with food. Chose farm for main base - unfortunatelly the bear that comes here is not up this run so ill have to go to birch forest to look for one and i hope moose will be there as well.

Here are some pics from ML. Oh and i finally read all 4 guns guns guns that i found (i waited with them until i read the normal books first) and my rifle skill went up to 4 and ~ 1/3rd so now i know that it is impossible to max out those skills on interloper using only books.

Cya later survivors !!

20_07.2022_08-13-35-hmdtd3fv.thumb.png.291c49c8fa8287c6ea731af10f39d297.png20_07.2022_08-13-54-ydyy35cc.thumb.png.5f268cb12d4cccc0680732e94ab18c31.png19_07.2022_20-54-52-3dys0e50.thumb.png.7a1e87c3ed8d8328f036b4c85e854ad3.png20_07.2022_08-13-20-jr3jovxs.thumb.png.8eb567262b2dc5d2d5ec6787f42180f1.png

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my run:

I finished another region - (Un)Pleasant Valley. It was......brutal this time. I never had that bad weather in any of my runs in Pleasant valley. The first 50 days was blizzard every day ! Every day ! Ant they lasted up to 12 hours - they were very cold as well. I was lucky to hunt 3 wolf's near farm where i set up my main base for the region and cooked them using match :( unfortunatelly bcoz of no sun and blizzards. I was able to survive for a week starving myself and eating only before sleep. The bear that roams close was no where to be found - i think bcoz of the blizzards. After a week trapped in farm i decided to go to barn blizzard or no blizzard bcoz if i stayed it would be death for me. Fortunatelly when i got there the blizzard stopped and i was able to hunt the bear in the birch forest and was lucky for a moose spawn (glitchy moose) near the forest as well - took care of both and quartered them so they would not despawn in a blizzard that was comming. Later on i hauled it and harvesed before the barn enterance - thas place was set up with food from now on - it was about day 30 ish.

29_07.2022_16-26-55-x1gnyq0o.thumb.png.9c818f55238ce245bd0878296aaef4e1.png

29_07.2022_08-25-22-el0mzcbt.thumb.png.14eda74f3f30ca7a41411008460c45e5.png

29_07.2022_08-26-26-saurfnvb.thumb.png.4e3ea1b015b8d3690f2d863c6f10332d.png

After i harvested all of the meat i used small windows of oportunity to reloot ( i was there 4 days when my run started) the entire map and haul what i found to farm.

In the meantime i had 3 trips to coal mine and took all the coal 46 pieces each run to the pond where the fishing cabin is to set up for a fishing marathon. I also hauled reclaimed wood there and fir and cedar. The fishing spot was set up. Before i went fishing i managed to kill respawned bears and noticed the weather became less harsh than the first 50 days. I mean no more -66 degrees blizzards.

In the meantime i did something stupid - i decided to mess (again) with orchard aurora wolfs with my HP drained from cold , energy bar almost empty. If that wolf wouldnt bugged out on me it would be the end of my run. No more stupid things - said to myself.

When i hunted and harvested repawned bears in the map i went fishing for final strech in the region.

It was my longest ever fishing marathon that lasted for 668 hours. Caught about 600-700kg of fish and stored it before the cabin with cooked pieces inside. When i finished fishing it was almost day 100 so i went back to base to make repairs of all the clothing, packed up and went for another region - Forlom Muskeg

29_07.2022_08-24-14-torbv3xg.thumb.png.b552f11fae4a4e8492d480c5303f7890.png

25_07.2022_18-54-05-s4u5nlsl.thumb.png.c0d2ef66b15329865674cef87d9b90eb.png

29_07.2022_08-27-10-s5v51c3j.thumb.png.f9e94ca41ae0b256ee94eaeb45bec29e.png

29_07.2022_08-28-14-sb3or1x5.thumb.png.12c9de9d284f52b1d0f3b8baa770a5f5.png

29_07.2022_16-25-46-emiwom3e.thumb.png.0835e0633ee4cbfd0d97fdc0aad9efa8.png

29_07.2022_16-25-20-550g113t.thumb.png.94f7729a0a1b1d437f4ba6f89799a9aa.png

29_07.2022_16-24-37-2jvtqv5r.thumb.png.f4574ea750ae2e129664b3ebefbfb534.png

I'll update the post when (or if) im done with Forlom Muskeg - Currently day 50 out of 100.

Cya later survivors !!!

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

@James Hickok

I don’t know how you do it. My longest ‘Loper record is all of 7 days.

The key to survive the opening gauntlet on interloper (1-20 days) is moving from location to location and looting specific areas then crafting tools and bow. The areas to loot  are PV crash site for clothes, ash canyon gold mine for backpack and crampons, summit for rest of clothes (wool socks, wool earwrap) Mystery lake for maglense. By then you should have hacksaw and hammer for crafting and coal. I usually take scrap from the dam and go craft to Forlom Muskeg. After that the run begins imo. You start hunting, make clothes, loot the rest of the world. I really dont care about the rest of the loot after i have 2x thin wool sweaters, 2x thermal underwear, 1x wool toque, 2x wool socks, 1 wool earwrap and 1 bedroll 1 flare gun.  Rest of the clothing is craftable and i always keep clothing above 60% so it will not get ruined when attacked (ofc i belive there is a chance of a piece of clothing get ruined even from 100% on attack like the baedroll does). So if i find more clothing and its ruined it doesnt atter its cloth anyway ruined or not.

If you stay in one place during the beginning of the run you will surely fail and its crutial to loot the main items fast until the weather gets bad after day 30ish and 50.

Also always try to chain fire torches especially when you dont have weapon and tools or prybar to fend off wolves. 

My first few tries switching from vayager to interloper were brutal as well but thanks to @Zaknafein videos i learned fast.

I hope this will help. Dont give up - once you know how to play you will never ever try lower difficulty.

• Upvote 1

Reading stories like this makes me want to get back into Interloper. I always get bored after crafting a bow but there's always more to do; gather wood, hunt, fish; even if you don't need it lol. 

Nice job! I'm looking forward to hearing more stories from your run

• Like 1

7 hours ago, James Hickok said:

The key to survive the opening gauntlet on interloper (1-20 days) is moving from location to location and looting specific areas then crafting tools and bow. The areas to loot  are PV crash site for clothes, ash canyon gold mine for backpack and crampons, summit for rest of clothes (wool socks, wool earwrap) Mystery lake for maglense.

Of course, I will need to learn the map better before I. I have no idea on how to get to the Summit, and I’ve been playing for about 60 hours. Not much, but more time than I invest in many other games...

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Of course, I will need to learn the map better before I. I have no idea on how to get to the Summit, and I’ve been playing for about 60 hours. Not much, but more time than I invest in many other games...

Yes that is true. You need to know the map to play interloper. I learned on Voyager setting and was terrified of interloper. Also as I said Zaks videos helped a lot.

Update on my run:

I've finally finished another region without leaving it - 100 days in Forlom Muskeg. It was how i expected - the weather was warm and fine, hardly any blizzards and if they occured, they werent that severe and lasted 4-6 hours. Below the coldest blizzard in 100 days - i was tucked in nice and tight in the small cold cave in Marsh Ridge where i made my small base for rabbit hunting (one of the 2 places where rabbits are in the map, skins needed for mits and hat repairs).

10_08.2022_08-19-50-zjatxxk2.thumb.png.71e4cec9f6f1db721a50a97cbe32bc2b.png10_08.2022_08-20-05-xrw0nyn2.thumb.png.491d1c1457cfaf366bd8e50120aa349b.png

Although it was not as cold as in PV i managed to get Hypotermia 3 times ! Only bcoz of the weather was warm i pushed Astrid too hard and got really really cold. It was all under controll tho - i knew i would make it to the caves or poachers camp to warm up so i roamed the map without a break tanking the cold to the max and then warming up (risky :P)  :

10_08.2022_08-20-52-hw120tkk.thumb.png.7203830066d95c2407f83aeef391c02d.png

There was a lot and i mean a lot of sunny days so i used maybe 3 matches for the entire 100 days run and used my maglense to the max. Also i managed to pick up almost all of the cattails and stored them in my main base for the region - cave near the broken radiotower, near spence family homestead where the forge is. I chose it bcoz its closest to workbench and forge, gives a great viev of the whole zone bcoz it is elevated and there are shortcuts that You can make to go down and up fast. Also a Bear spawn very close using the shortcut as well.

10_08.2022_08-19-32-atrc10qu.thumb.png.d1d1016b3c2254a4e71c623b94e87612.png

On the first days of my run when i got settled in the cave i went to Marsh ridge that i mentioned to kill the Moose ofc and set up a base in the small cave to hunt rabbits. It was heavy fog when i emerged from the cave passage from the waterfall to marsh ridge and imediately i went to set up the rope that i found in the cave to the stone for future. I've heard that the moose is close but i could not see it in the fog. When i attached the rope i decided to go back to the cave transition for the time the fog lifts. As i was getting closer i heard the moose aggro me. I knew it was close bcoz i could hear it but wasnt so sure about the location. When i was almost to the cave enterance i was stomped by the damn Moose - turns up he was behind the tree on the right side just before the cave enterance - here we go  1st moose stomping. The fact that i had sprains on me didnt help :P Poor Astrid. I was so nervous when it happened that i took a screenshot instead of taking a 1 min movie.....I survived the stomping tho :D

10_08.2022_08-21-21-ltbey3u3.thumb.png.fa5a55ab4c0a0b6b70c0967eeea47057.png

I went back to the cave to get some first aid fast. Fortunatelly i had all that i needed on me (Rose hip teas nad bandages).

After first aid i decided to go to sleep and took my revenge on the moose on the next day >.<

I have looted the entire map ofc and made huge amounts of supplies in every cave and set up forge for crafting if i ever was here again and in need. I also used the forge 1 time making new tools and arrowheads. I used the scrap i took with me from other region. I almost run out of cloth for repairs tho - no cloth in musked.

On day 80 i got bored a bit - all bears killed 2 times, moose still no respawn, everything looted, no fishing spots to go. I spent the last 20 days moving from cave to cave to chill there for a few days by the fire and rest. I was planning my next move - do i go to broken railroad and stay there for 100 days? Its a very small region and staying there for 100  days will be boring i suppose. I was thinking to maybe skip desolation point and broken railroad for now and go to TWM>Ash Canyon>HRV>BI>Blackrock and after those regions maybe finish the small ones. havent decide yet but when 100 days hit i packed up everything i need and went to Broken Railroad to loot it and decide if i would stay. Currently on day 5, Moose killed and harvested, getting ready for bear and ill make my decision then.

Here are some stats and my main cave when i left Muskeg

Take care survivors !!!!

10_08.2022_08-24-32-uleakkl3.thumb.png.5f47fd96c6195f8ba10f6ea0bd3c06f9.png10_08.2022_08-13-00-1fyx2fvd.thumb.png.0d0e79f296ba12138ac2f6d7c3bdc864.png10_08.2022_08-12-45-hntyp1va.thumb.png.5df9e1ee9c64b133a1cd92d393086fff.png10_08.2022_08-12-27-3b43xvyq.thumb.png.158b1298b848e6cf7f792d203d200f33.png10_08.2022_08-12-09-xefwoimq.thumb.png.eb6b776419e929064c940e29f4ae4149.png10_08.2022_08-25-28-e5zxlxhc.thumb.png.9d98297f923541b933b8fcd29df541b2.png10_08.2022_08-24-11-gd2xrbr1.thumb.png.e8b00368097ab5bdaf3597c03888b164.png

10.08.2022_08-22-30-x1fkemb0.png

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello survivors ! Time for an update on my run:

100 days pass livinig in Broken Railroad. Its the region that ended my first try at this challenge - got rekt by 3 wolves near the maintenance shed. Died on 748 day.

This time im more cautious. For a region that small i was amazed that it porvides food enough to keep well fed for all the duration of 100 days. They were maybe 2 or 3 times that i lost well fed but only bcoz i didnt want to use matches and waited for clear sky to start a fire with mag lense. I even had a full harvested bear that i didnt even cook at my base so food wise - its ok. I didnt even had to go to the region enterance - all hunting i did between hunting lodge and maintenance shed. I have gathered and stored about 70 cat tails and ate about 20 so overall about 100 cattails in this region - nice. Just outside  the hunting lodge i snared rabbits and killed a moose on day 4 just outside the lodge on the small pond.

22_08.2022_14-02-08-c0ftvqki.thumb.png.bdb46ec3fa5285ba63c744649ec69802.png

Interesting stuff is that i managed to find 3 !!! stims in this region one of which was hidden in green box in maintenance shed on a upper platform of some sort, one is in the small canyon below broken bridge (need to attach rope to get there) and one was in the mainenance shed itself or in hunting lodge - cant recall.

Hunting lodge is one of my favorite buildings in game. If i would choose this would be my base of choosing. It looks nice , has plenty of room inside, basement for crafting and upper story for sleeping. Very nice.

22_08.2022_14-02-00-hhdpjejf.thumb.png.022e4c948193ff471d71ab2d3122c629.png

22_08.2022_14-02-09-bsngb31w.thumb.png.3372320fce834224904c29a931f93e06.png

22_08.2022_14-02-10-vmenvtbd.thumb.png.74d647a6a4dfbe66f9cc4e03cd66ee63.png

The view in the mornings when i got out of my base from a night sleep

22_08.2022_14-02-06-3ts0uflb.thumb.png.29f6d42cf1482ae862e1d38ffcbb0936.png

The weather was average cold wise witha blizzard every 2 days - not as cold as in PV tho. That was the coldest one:

22_08.2022_14-02-05-nms0t5wd(1).thumb.png.554b02b96f60b8587ffc80a9702de7a0.png

22_08.2022_14-02-04-abzs2xko.thumb.png.2891324c4a5751a3c97b9abd27d3bb5e.png

There were no attack from volves or danger of any  kind during my stay.

Overall i thought i will be struggling a bit bcoz its such a small terrain but i managed it. It was a bit longer than in regions where i can go fishing and speed up some time but was a good experience. Left materials that i gathered in the lodge for future and left to other region which i decided was going to be Timber Wolf Mountain. On the way there i went desolation to craft for 5 days str8 there. Crafted 5 hatchets, 3 knives, 50 arrowheads, and slowly (overweight) went to TWM (had to climb the rope from pv to twm 3 times bcoz of the stuff that i was carrying). Also i took 50 cloth from my main at CH bcoz not a lot of cloth in twm and ash canyon and i need those for repairs.

TWM is going great - its such a great region. Im currently on day 54 there. Soon to be finished. Ill  post it when i finish (got attacked by a wolf y-day but he didnt do much besides torn clothes and broosing).

Take care survivors !!

22_08.2022_14-01-57-dh5fmftu.thumb.png.9b3c3bd8c4246d7c6752f3ddee11015c.png

• Upvote 2

Time for an update on my run :)

Timber Wolf Mountain - one of my favorite regions. Plenty of food, plenty of caves so if blizzard hits you can always hide wherever you are in the map.

So ofc i chose the hut for my main in the region. Instantly killed 2 bears and some deer and wolves that were around. Food wise i was set really really fast - the land provides. Soon after i set up my base a nearby moos spawned and i had 2 bears and moose harvested and in my base - sweet !

01_09.2022_07-37-14-fflovv1u.thumb.png.5b62657362f5f4db9a3a1e2be4226148.png

After i was set i looted the whole world and visited the summit once again. On the summit i opened all the green wooden boxes and found - rope, 2 boxes of matches and 2 fire accelerants. Its crazy how they hide the loot - you would think you took everything but there is always something left behind.

01_09.2022_07-37-16-lssykz1a.thumb.png.2032609a7aa3683e743b8b47e648e39a.png

I've spent many days on gathering wood and coal from transition caves each time it respawned and managed to gather about 60 pieces of coal and a ton of wood for fishing. Every day i woke up and went to work (ofc if the weather allowed it)

01_09.2022_07-37-15-qbchbpsb.thumb.png.51b0dc9dcd02dcc441ac590e20277c9d.png

I had 3 fishing small marathons - each lasted for about 10 days or so. Managed to catch a lot of fish tho. Had some Aurora fishing and a wolf that tried to mess with my fishing - he was really annoying. He had to go.

After i dealt with him it was safe to fish again. I love to fish at night with the aurora.

01_09.2022_07-37-13-eymtr5yg.thumb.png.8ddf0b282e601585d675b61c3364a634.png01_09.2022_07-37-09-5w343pm2.thumb.png.bea970ea9ed921a214725703c2788362.png

it was getting close to 100 days so i killed the 3 bears once again and pass some time killing aurora wolves for fun.

Weather wise - almost every day blizzard. The coldest one :

01_09.2022_07-37-11-jhx4fxrn.thumb.png.48bd6d3282ceaf04ee3c25dff9cfc854.png

01_09.2022_07-37-12-bh0e2biv.thumb.png.71db38a91d5c40e1bd7b614fd5cc8018.png

It was getting close to day 100 so i fixed up my clothing to 100% stored stuff in base , took stuff that i will need and took some shots of my hut when i left it.

01_09.2022_07-37-06-sljlywwj.thumb.png.51c7ade574f33e0e809f588ba5beb458.png01_09.2022_07-37-07-mi35gpwp.thumb.png.74b8e1db9c33e72a976c21840d62be31.png01_09.2022_07-37-08-gm4u0qfx.thumb.png.4e5134c917f69bffd6cce5dee4ea90fb.png

01_09.2022_07-37-03-hlni4oeg.thumb.png.a58436554b0ae4fb27bfe9deeba434ec.png01_09.2022_07-37-05-hwxaoyph.thumb.png.5945d799a13c3455ed9a5c470f4e253a.png

It was really pleasant and easy living here for 100 days. In fact i have to be honest it becam so easy that i decided to skip Ash Canyon, Desolation and HRV and go str8 to Bleak Inlet and then Blackrock to make things harder. After (or if) i finish those 2 regions i will most likely pause the challenge or call it bcoz those 3 regions are easy and i want to start a NOGOA run badly.

I went back to Main base in Coastal highway, resupplied and went to Bleak Inlet

So far its going good. I have killed and harvested the deer near echo one tower and killed and harvested the wolf pack near the pensive Lookout - one wolf attacked me tho but i it was nothing serious - 2x infection risk 2x blood loss and about 15-20 % health lost  via bite. Was worth the meat and peace of mind - i hate those damn wolves.

After that i climbed down, looted Cabin and went to Cannery workers Residence to set my base up there. Killed the bear on the other day - so food im good :) . Opened the cannery on day 10 and killed the wolf inside. I think im set :) Now i will explore every corner. 

Cya later survivors !!!

• Upvote 2

On 9/1/2022 at 1:19 AM, James Hickok said:

Time for an update on my run :)

Timber Wolf Mountain - one of my favorite regions. Plenty of food, plenty of caves so if blizzard hits you can always hide wherever you are in the map.

So ofc i chose the hut for my main in the region. Instantly killed 2 bears and some deer and wolves that were around. Food wise i was set really really fast - the land provides. Soon after i set up my base a nearby moos spawned and i had 2 bears and moose harvested and in my base - sweet !

01_09.2022_07-37-14-fflovv1u.thumb.png.5b62657362f5f4db9a3a1e2be4226148.png

After i was set i looted the whole world and visited the summit once again. On the summit i opened all the green wooden boxes and found - rope, 2 boxes of matches and 2 fire accelerants. Its crazy how they hide the loot - you would think you took everything but there is always something left behind.

01_09.2022_07-37-16-lssykz1a.thumb.png.2032609a7aa3683e743b8b47e648e39a.png

I've spent many days on gathering wood and coal from transition caves each time it respawned and managed to gather about 60 pieces of coal and a ton of wood for fishing. Every day i woke up and went to work (ofc if the weather allowed it)

01_09.2022_07-37-15-qbchbpsb.thumb.png.51b0dc9dcd02dcc441ac590e20277c9d.png

I had 3 fishing small marathons - each lasted for about 10 days or so. Managed to catch a lot of fish tho. Had some Aurora fishing and a wolf that tried to mess with my fishing - he was really annoying. He had to go.

After i dealt with him it was safe to fish again. I love to fish at night with the aurora.

01_09.2022_07-37-13-eymtr5yg.thumb.png.8ddf0b282e601585d675b61c3364a634.png01_09.2022_07-37-09-5w343pm2.thumb.png.bea970ea9ed921a214725703c2788362.png

it was getting close to 100 days so i killed the 3 bears once again and pass some time killing aurora wolves for fun.

Weather wise - almost every day blizzard. The coldest one :

01_09.2022_07-37-11-jhx4fxrn.thumb.png.48bd6d3282ceaf04ee3c25dff9cfc854.png

01_09.2022_07-37-12-bh0e2biv.thumb.png.71db38a91d5c40e1bd7b614fd5cc8018.png

It was getting close to day 100 so i fixed up my clothing to 100% stored stuff in base , took stuff that i will need and took some shots of my hut when i left it.

01_09.2022_07-37-06-sljlywwj.thumb.png.51c7ade574f33e0e809f588ba5beb458.png01_09.2022_07-37-07-mi35gpwp.thumb.png.74b8e1db9c33e72a976c21840d62be31.png01_09.2022_07-37-08-gm4u0qfx.thumb.png.4e5134c917f69bffd6cce5dee4ea90fb.png

01_09.2022_07-37-03-hlni4oeg.thumb.png.a58436554b0ae4fb27bfe9deeba434ec.png01_09.2022_07-37-05-hwxaoyph.thumb.png.5945d799a13c3455ed9a5c470f4e253a.png

It was really pleasant and easy living here for 100 days. In fact i have to be honest it becam so easy that i decided to skip Ash Canyon, Desolation and HRV and go str8 to Bleak Inlet and then Blackrock to make things harder. After (or if) i finish those 2 regions i will most likely pause the challenge or call it bcoz those 3 regions are easy and i want to start a NOGOA run badly.

I went back to Main base in Coastal highway, resupplied and went to Bleak Inlet

So far its going good. I have killed and harvested the deer near echo one tower and killed and harvested the wolf pack near the pensive Lookout - one wolf attacked me tho but i it was nothing serious - 2x infection risk 2x blood loss and about 15-20 % health lost  via bite. Was worth the meat and peace of mind - i hate those damn wolves.

After that i climbed down, looted Cabin and went to Cannery workers Residence to set my base up there. Killed the bear on the other day - so food im good :) . Opened the cannery on day 10 and killed the wolf inside. I think im set :) Now i will explore every corner. 

Cya later survivors !!!

Thanks for the update!

• Like 2

Now that was ........something :)  Yesterday i reached day 100 in Bleak Inlet ! Time for an update survivors !!!!

I have to say it was the hardest region by far. I really think its harder than Black Rock and its not bcoz of the Timber wolves (which i think bigger packs occur in Blackrock than Bleak). No, not the Timberwolves - you get used to them and how to deal with them safe. You wont believe but its bcoz the wood/fire fuel - there is so little, almost none. Few sticks scattered but really really low amount. I found only one spot near Secret mountain path wherre 3! fir limbs spawn and thats it !!! Some branches and sticks but not enough. Almost no coal in the transition cave to forlom muskeg. It was so problematic that on day 21 i thought i will not make it and will have to leave the area. Fortunatelly i adapted to the situation but lets go from the begginning:

So when i entered Bleak via rope from Ravine i went to the cave close to pensive lookout to warm up a bit. The weather in bleak is harsh, very cold and a lot of cold blizzards (still not as cold as in PV but very very close). From the cave i observed the wolf pack patrolling the area - i didnt want to take them on in that open field - its not wise to do. I waited for the occasion to slip past them and went to Echo one radio tower first to get the code for the Cannery. While it was looting the station i killed the deer that roams near the cars and managed to skin him and take all of the meat without luring the wolves. I took 2 pieces of meat and went back to Echo one to cook and eat, sleep there for the night. On the other day i waited for the blizzard to pass and went back to the deer carcass, collected the remaining meat that i left near the carcass and started running towards Pensive Lookout. Ofc the smell made me aggro the wolf pack but i did manage to climb up the tower and hide there, cook the meat , make water and loot the tower. After i fed and hydrated myself it was time to deal with the timberwolf pack that was grouling for the whole time downstairs. I went outside and started the fight using the stairs to my advantage. I took almost all of the wolves yet still one remained and was very very focused on getting me. He had to go. Unfortunatelly he was clever enough to avoid my arrows and went up on the stairs (sic!) and jumped me :( I was lucky he didnt take much of my HP and i had bandages and antiseptic on me so no worries. I managed to recover all of the arrows i shot and took the meat of every wolf i killed except the one that i hacked with the hand made axe. I took the meat upstairs and stored it there for future need. The mini base was set with water and food, some wood as well (from the hacked furniture inside).

Here is the attack moment - check that sneaky wolf !!!

When i was done i went down and attached a rope (i took it with me from TWM bcoz i knew i would need one to attach to the stone) to the stone near the tower and went down to main area of the region. I decide to go to cabins first bcoz it was close and loot them , then Raven falls, raven crossing and finally set my base in cannery Worker Residence. Ate some cattails and went to sleep and regen health i lost from cold. On the other day i woke up to nice weather (still cold cold cold) and killed the bear that came right up to my door - good bear.

On the same day i went to the bear cave, both fishing huts and Fallen lighthouse bcoz they were all close. That was the moment when i realised that there will be a problem with fire - so many trees yet so few sticks and no limbs what so ever. I gathered what i could from the area and had 36 sticks on me. Went back to base to cook the bear and make water. I only managed to cook 2 pieces of meat and some water bcoz  of the wind - the wind changes direction so fast that making fire outside is not really an option i bleak - no firebarrel except the one in cannery as well. The problem began to grew.

View from the lighthouse

08_09.2022_08-01-56-jotkiwt0.thumb.png.319ce282a1153d23e31758623eae956e.png

With fire fuel problem rising i decided to go to cannery to loot it and open the door. I sneak past the wolf pack in the cannery enterance and started looting the lower parts but only a few spots - no time bcoz of the cold. I went up the path and collected everything of use on my way - mostly wood and food, When i was at the cannery door i dropped all the wood and food i found on the way and began to deal with the wolves that aggroed me when i was jumping on the cabins roofs. I always shoot them from the stairs that are close to cannery door.

08_09.2022_08-01-55-iurlammv.thumb.png.e6b7d8fd39cdb869742766edd3e57ce8.png

When i shot all of the wolves i went back to camp at the door and w8 for an aurora to enter. I was lucky - Aurora hit on the 3rd night i was there :) Opened the door and went to sleep (safer to fight fluffy when he is not aurora charged). Took care of the wolf and harvested  it, looted the cannery, went back down and harvested the wolves i killed and collect arrows. The cannery was mine now. In the next few days i spent looting the lower cannery and opening all boxes with sardines - then hauled them to cannery door for future camping purpouse.

08_09.2022_08-01-42-0gum5uyw.thumb.png.5595a19a240ab665ea2b547fc3d2c687.png

Aurora hit again so i used it to repair my tools.

08_09.2022_08-01-52-d4osc1kh.thumb.png.e3e29e0eaaf33453a2004d8db0d95c09.png

When i said Cannery was mine i meant it. When you kill the initial pack that patrolls the cannery it takes a lot of time for the timber wolves to respawn. Population ncontroll may take place then. You just remember to go there every 6-10 days and have a check. Mostly one or maybe 2 wolves will be there and its easy to kill em and have a safe spot there - You have to bcoz its the only workbench in the region -bit of a pain really that you have to climb all the way up there every time. I think that the stairs that are there should have the option to lower to the ground so that you can use them to go there fast once you did it once.

After i took claim of the cannery and looted it i decided to loot the entire world - it was the best time, i had wood from boxes and food was ok so i went out and visited all ot named locations and looted it from everything. I even gathered all of the cattails in the map - very few of them here tho.

The looting took me few days and after i was done i returned to my base at canners residence and began to set my life up here for the remaining time. Fire was the most important thing so every day i run outside and gather all i could - it was still not enough to make fires and cook and boil. The wind was killing the fires that i made thus wasting the little fire fuel i gathered- it was clear to me that i have to hide with my fire somwhere. I had a lot of meat outside the cabin and no means to cook it all - crazy. In the next few days i have found the place that i mentioned when 3 fir limbs spawn andlooted it every few days - it was not as far from camp but the weather is so cold that by the time u get there, harvest one limb you have to come back asap and your health is drained fast. So everyday , visit places to gather the few sticks and branches, and every other day go back for limbs - still not enough fire fuel to say im good and comfortable.

On day 21 as i mentioned the problem became serious and finally i realised that fishing will be the way to stabilize. There was a fishing hut in front of my door after all. So what i did is use the little wood that i had to fish for one day,night and day then go to sleep in the base to not loose fire fuel sleeping in the fishing hut. The system worked - every one fishing cycle i had to go and find more sticks to set up fishing for another 30 hours. Slowly i managed to gather a lot of cooked fish and water so finally i stabilized in the region. Slowly the fire fuel i gathered began to grow on me so i made some stocks of it in the fishing hut.

The region is full of auroras and fishing in the evening.night in the aurora was so much comforting.

08_09.2022_08-01-41-drg5zncv.thumb.png.3477ff4fbf013c12920ff251ffcaad07.png

To gather even more wood i would need to chop down the pallets in cannery. I decided i will chop them all and bring the wood to fishing hut for a final long term strech fishing marathon. It was easier said then done. Why? the weather ofc - cold cold cold. Even in the evening the temp would be - 33ish and the big stacks of pallets take almost 3 hours to chop down - risky business i tell you. Here is why:

Coldest blizzard :

08_09.2022_08-01-50-0nnsohtt.thumb.png.3db343225207d2f6c5f360b08b851335.png08_09.2022_08-01-48-byrxt5xa.thumb.png.a9d07817109661f870b06106adfd784b.png

Took me about 2-3 ingame weeks to gather and haul all the wood and harvest fir limbs in the meantime so i had about 20 of them and a lot of reclaimed wood, about 200 or more. Killed the bear that respawned and harvested him - had a nice buffet outide my base that i made - all kind of meat in the game to diversify my menu :D We had fish, rabbit, deer, wolf, moose (forgot to mention i kille done near washed out cabins in day 40ish) and bear. 

08_09.2022_08-01-38-afolwux2.thumb.png.a6d14e41c97a165148524aecdef648c9.png

The last days of my stay i went crazy fishing - it was so nice i even had 4 auroras straight on that marathon.

08_09.2022_08-01-53-g1bwu3ta.thumb.png.5a557f93b4091fcf59752c0b1bed7384.png

08_09.2022_08-01-37-i3udq0ex.thumb.png.39f34ba4dce01a6850a6ca3d9a0409a3.png

Time passed and they day 100 hit. I was happy bcoz it took some effort to make my life comfortable here in this region. I would not expect it to be so hard. I rarely visited this region on my interloper runs - if so only to open the cannery and go to other region. No i know that blackrock will be easier - there is no problem with fire fuel there, lot of coal, lot of wood and lots of food. I know the blackrock map fine and im certain i will have a good life there.

Packed up my bags and went to Blackrock via ravine, CH (to take some stuff from main base) PV, TWM. Im excited to getting close finishing my challenge. My skills went up very very much on this run and im so comfortable with loper its a walk in the park. I know im more than ready for NOGOA. I think ill make my main base in the prison - good for food, wolves respawn fast there, and the bear ofc. Close to 2 caves for Cabin fever and overall good spot to go wherever in the region - but first trek to Abandoned mine for the code.

Cya later survivors !!! Keep warm up there.

08_09.2022_08-01-33-gofvbpkl.thumb.png.a64b169ef5fd7e0b0e126b42f3963a10.png

08.09.2022_08-01-41-ab23jqhy.png

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Witaj !  :)

Good to hear that. Living 100 days in each region without leaving it makes you really know it and thus know the game better. Its also harder than running around and changing regions when you please. Im certain that i know the game so much better now and have only 3 more regions to finish it -=> Desolation Point, Ash Canyon and HRV.

I have cleared the way from twm enterance to blackrock prison from Timber Wolves and they havent respawned yet so the way is clear. Come visit me and we will have a wolf kebab dinner (bear still havent spawned).

Day 20 at the prison, 80 more to go. So far I could avoid the timber wolves by going right to Bricklayer's Retreat and then to the prison via the bear's cave. Now I'm camping and exploring from there, waiting for the bear or a moose spawn. I'm also wearing the ballistic vest though while exploring just to be safe. And it payed already, I was luring a wolf with meat on me, missed the shot and went into a struggle, thanks to the vest I came out relatively unharmed with only some damaged cloths and bloodloss.

It's a different challenge which basically comes down to finding the best spot to camp on every map and then do something for 100 days to not get bored. It feels more like the tv show Alone than anything else I've done in TLD,  especially season 7 where they had to stay in one place for 100 days to win - I'm now doing 12 seasons of Alone :D

• Upvote 1

Im also ~ day 20. I managed to open the prison workshop on day 7 and after i did that i went to estabilsh another base at Bricklayers retreat. When i came there there was 4 ! deers on the pond but no Moose. I did kill and collect all of the 4 deers byut it took me about 3 days bcoz of 2 big blizzards and i had one day of cooking the meat/ boiling water. After i did that the Moose spawned and i was lucky to one shot him in the eye and gather 37 kilos of meat, guts n hide ofc - not that i need it it just looks nice on the floor of the cabin :)

Havent seen a bear yet and i need that one hide to repair my bedroll - currently on 65 % condition so i still have time. Today i will explore the part of the map around Bricklayers and live there for some time - i have moose meat, deer and wolf meat there. After some time i will go to Old substation and creek bed cave where i will make 3rd base and explore the western part of the map.

Ballistic Vest works wonders on protection but i hate the fact that i cant sprint in it. Still havent decided what i want.

Havent seen the tv show i have to admit. I will have to look out for it :)

• Upvote 2

Dang seems my game is bugged - the counter for days spend in blackrock just stopped increasing, I must be beyond day 25 but it still shows day 17. The total days survived counter does increase, the days just don't count towards blackrock. Anyone else experienced this? That's a real bummer, I don't know yet how or if this can be fixed.