Gone fishing

piddy3825

Yes, I actually fish very often. I actually sometimes find it more satisfying to catch a few Smallmouth Bass or Coho Salmon with 2 thousand calories on them then to shoot a deer.

I kinda wish that Hinterland would improve the fishing in some way, like having some minigame, instead of it just being a ", Level up and pray to the RNG Gods" moment.

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Does look more cosy👍 surprised  it fitted in there though.  

Is there a window and curtain mod?🙂

Better Bases...

allows you to pickup furniture.  Typically only works in interior cells, but in this case it does work on a very few items in the open game.   
Surprisingly heavy as I had to "carry" it by hand from the firewatch tower down to the fishing shack on CH.   Which, by the way is the
only chair of it's kind in the game thats outdoors that I've been able to find thus far that can actually be moved like that.   

Now if only we could actually sit down...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, APixelatedLemon said:

Yes, I actually fish very often. I actually sometimes find it more satisfying to catch a few Smallmouth Bass or Coho Salmon with 2 thousand calories on them then to shoot a deer.

I kinda wish that Hinterland would improve the fishing in some way, like having some minigame, instead of it just being a ", Level up and pray to the RNG Gods" moment.

heartily agree on that sentiment!
considering the impact that fishing has on the game, from providing food to providing fuel for the players hurrican lantern, it just could have been that 
much more immersive.  Perhaps as modding continues we might see some improvements.  I would have liked to have seen a  drying rack or smoker in the game
for the purposes of display and or food storage/preparation.

43 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Better Bases...

allows you to pickup furniture.  Typically only works in interior cells, but in this case it does work on a very few items in the open game.   
Surprisingly heavy as I had to "carry" it by hand from the firewatch tower down to the fishing shack on CH.   Which, by the way is the
only chair of it's kind in the game thats outdoors that I've been able to find thus far that can actually be moved like that.   

Now if only we could actually sit down...

That's a long trek if you've got that strapped to your back!  

I've often wished we could sit or lay down on chairs and benches,even the tree stumps! 

• Like 1

@APixelatedLemonMaybe fishing in-game could be a bit like Stardew Valley. For those who aren't aware, RNG dictates when you hook a fish, but in order to land said fish, you need to left-click strategically, so that your "fishing bar" remains behind the fish. Here's a screenshot:

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/mediawiki/images/1/10/Fishingicons.png

In that game, the fish goes up and down semi-randomly (depending on species), and you move the fishing bar up by holding down the left-mouse button. If you manage to keep the fishing bar behind the fish long enough that the rightmost progress bar reaches the top, you catch the fish. If that progress bar goes to zero, the fish is lost. To apply something similar to TLD, levelling up fishing would make your bar bigger, and losing the fish would have a chance of breaking the line.

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

Build one of your mannequins @piddy3825, put him in the chair and see if you can "tie" some sticks together to look like a fishing rod! :)

lol, I had that same thought when I first posted the picture.  
At the time I was just happy to see that I was actually able to "carry" the chair.
Now I see I should have done more with it, right?