4 accessory slots

The black fox

I think you're asking for a third accessory slot, so that those three items can be all equipped at the same time.  I agree.  The fourth slot, I assume, you want to equip and ear wrap as well.  I don't think that's necessary since one really doesn't want to run around with crampons equipped at all time since it gets them wet and they deteriorate much quicker.  Unequipping an ear wrap to equip crampons when climbing at least makes the player have to think about what they're doing.

Edited by UpUpAway95

35 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It does seem to be a bit silly that you have to take ear wraps off just to put crampons on!

It might seem silly, but it does save me from accidentally leaving the crampons on all the time. 

Really, the ballistic vest should go in one of the sweater/shirt slot, under the jacket.  They could also have given it a warmth stat since it would provide some warmth, particularly if worn over a sweater/shirt and under a jacket. 

The crampons should go in a separate shoe/boot accessory slot that only appears available when boots are worn since crampons cannot go onto running shoes or leather shoes.  It makes no sense that we seem to put crampons on our head (if one considers where the accessory slots are located on the page relative to the character model.

33 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

It might seem silly, but it does save me from accidentally leaving the crampons on all the time. 

Really, the ballistic vest should go in one of the sweater/shirt slot, under the jacket.  They could also have given it a warmth stat since it would provide some warmth, particularly if worn over a sweater/shirt and under a jacket. 

The crampons should go in a separate shoe/boot accessory slot that only appears available when boots are worn since crampons cannot go onto running shoes or leather shoes.  It makes no sense that we seem to put crampons on our head (if one considers where the accessory slots are located on the page relative to the character model.

Agreed about the crampons being added to the boot section. Makes more sense to do that!

It's not a major problem with leaving the crampons on though, now they can be repaired.  I've never even seen the crampons actually take any damage . 

56 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Agreed about the crampons being added to the boot section. Makes more sense to do that!

It's not a major problem with leaving the crampons on though, now they can be repaired.  I've never even seen the crampons actually take any damage . 

It's rather OP... to be able to just put them on and forget about them... getting their related buffs 100% of the time.  That's probably why they should require a mill to repair... meaning the player has to brave the T-wolves and take the necessary steps to unlock at least one of the workshops in order to repair them... which is not possible during a "one region" challenge in Ash Canyon... leading to a player wanting to preserve their condition.  Otherwise, why not just have them disappear into a constantly equipped state (like the Technical Backpack).

Edited by UpUpAway95

6 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

It's rather OP... to be able to just put them on and forget about them... getting their related buffs 100% of the time.  That's probably why they should require a mill to repair... meaning the player has to brave the T-wolves and take the necessary steps to unlock at least one of the workshops in order to repair them... which is not possible during a "one region" challenge in Ash Canyon... leading to a player wanting to preserve their condition.  Otherwise, why not just have them disappear into a constantly equipped state (like the Technical Backpack).

I suppose it would make sense that they need a milling machine for repairs.  Just wondered how long you can stay in one area before you're forced to leave though? Surely you're going to need cloth at some point? Or food in your case if the animals are rather scarce?  

40 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I suppose it would make sense that they need a milling machine for repairs.  Just wondered how long you can stay in one area before you're forced to leave though? Surely you're going to need cloth at some point? Or food in your case if the animals are rather scarce?  

It's a surprisingly long time, although I usually collapse the files at 50 days because it gets pretty monotonous after that.  A few streamers have done 50-days in several different one-region challenges in Interloper.  It's a very tough challenge on Loper because you cannot forge... If you do spawn into a zone with a forge, the heavy hammer will not spawn in that same zone (or at least that used to be the case... but I'll expand on that later).  Since you cannot forge, you don't have access to a knife or hatchet of any kind, so you're entirely dependent on stoning or snaring rabbits and kiting wolves into doing your killing for you.  This may be changing, however, because when I was doing those tests I did in Broken Railroad last month, I did have two "Baseline Resource Availability = Low" spawns where the heavy hammer did spawn within Broken Railroad.  Whether that was a glitch/quirk because it was a Custom game or a change implemented by HL remains to be seen.

On stalker or a custom interloper that enables rifles and revolvers, it becomes a much easier challenge.  Of course, the more loot you set the game to give you, the easier it becomes.  I believe someone on these forums reported that they had done a 250-day, one-region challenge run on Pilgrim.  Cloth is not really an issue since you can always get by on totally animal-based clothing, unless you're in HRV where the lack of a work bench means you can't craft clothes.  If you don't find a mag lens in your zone, you will eventually run out of matches unless you can keep a single fire burning continually (so you would need to be able to get a large, continuous supply of wood)... but I would say one could conceivably survive indefinitely if they can do that and if there are enough rabbits and/or wolves killing deer to keep the character fed.

Of course, my runs are usually much, much shorter; but it's still a fun challenge.  Maybe some day, I'll git gud at them. 😀

Edited by UpUpAway95

9 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

It's a surprisingly long time, although I usually collapse the files at 50 days because it gets pretty monotonous after that.  A few streamers have done 50-days in several different one-region challenges in Interloper.  It's a very tough challenge on Loper because you cannot forge... If you do spawn into a zone with a forge, the heavy hammer will not spawn in that same zone (or at least that used to be the case... but I'll expand on that later).  Since you cannot forge, you don't have access to a knife or hatchet of any kind, so you're entirely dependent on stoning or snaring rabbits and kiting wolves into doing your killing for you.  This may be changing, however, because when I was doing those tests I did in Broken Railroad last month, I did have two "Baseline Resource Availability = Low" spawns where the heavy hammer did spawn within Broken Railroad.  Whether that was a glitch/quirk because it was a Custom game or a change implemented by HL remains to be seen.

On stalker or a custom interloper that enables rifles and revolvers, it becomes a much easier challenge.  Of course, the more loot you set the game to give you, the easier it becomes.  I believe someone on these forums reported that they had done a 250-day, one-region challenge run on Pilgrim.  Cloth is not really an issue since you can always get by on totally animal-based clothing.  If you don't find a mag lens in your zone, you will eventually run out of matches unless you can keep a single fire burning continually (so you would need to be able to get a large, continuous supply of wood)... but I would say one could conceivably survive indefinitely if they can do that and if there are enough rabbits and/or wolves killing deer to keep the character fed.

Of course, my runs are usually much, much shorter; but it's still a fun challenge.  Maybe some day, I'll git gud at them. 😀

50 days  is  plenty! I have trouble with 10 before I get twitchy!  But all these bugs at the moment must affect anyone trying the challenge!  Especially on loper.    

Even Ive had trouble finding food on pilgrim ,going days without seeing any animals at all.   

Lol! I'm sure you do very well at them, but just in case , want to swap with the flare moose challenge! I just started it and I feel lost without the rifle😁

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

50 days  is  plenty! I have trouble with 10 before I get twitchy!  But all these bugs at the moment must affect anyone trying the challenge!  Especially on loper.    

Even Ive had trouble finding food on pilgrim ,going days without seeing any animals at all.   

Lol! I'm sure you do very well at them, but just in case , want to swap with the flare moose challenge! I just started it and I feel lost without the rifle😁

That no animal bug is frustratingly inconsistent.   I had the one start in Ash Canyon with no animals and then the next one was back to more normal numbers of living animals, but still no carcasses at all and very few corpses.  At least I could stone some rabbits for food other than cat tails and birch bark.

4 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

That no animal bug is frustratingly inconsistent.   I had the one start in Ash Canyon with no animals and then the next one was back to more normal numbers of living animals, but still no carcasses at all and very few corpses.  At least I could stone some rabbits for food other than cat tails and birch bark.

You're not wrong there! It's annoying to shoot things just for them to vanish as well!   

Hope you have them on a decent respawn setting ,it takes a lot of bunnies to even fill you up!  Presuming though that you're doing the starve tactics?

Okay, let's say, Hinterland double the number of accessory slots. What happens when they introduce a new accessory?

Do they add a new slot? Do they keep adding them until your clothing menu is nothing but accessory slots?

I'm exaggerating, of course. But there's a deeper problem here.

Accessory slots make no sence! Why would ear wrap, satchel, crampons and bulletproof vest be mutually exclusive? I can easily imagine a person wearing all of them at the same time.

Why would your ear wrap not get wet when you wear moose satchel on the outside? What would "outside" even mean in that case?

Here's how it should be, in my opinion.

1) Wool ear wrap - goes into the head slot (its stats would have to be tweaked for it to be useful)

2) Ballistic vest - goes into the jacket slot

3) Moose hide satchel - has its own separate slot

4) Crampons - have their own slot that only appears when you're wearing boots.

And then Hinterland could work with this way less nonsensical system (e.g. Skis that go into the same slot as crampons)

• Upvote 1