unlimited amounts of timberwolves

Ahad Ahmet

so yesterday, i was trying to get in to the cannerary in Bleak Inlet. A pack of timberwolves started coming to me (idk why, didnt have meat on me, wasnot walking or running) at the end of the bridge. killed them. got in to cannerary looted cars and started the parkour. when i got to the ship there was already an another pack spawned in. killed them and cooked some meat and slept. restarted the parkour and when i finished it there was already an another pack. they already took 2 of my arrows, how many times do i need to take care of these packs to easily loot the area? even if its stalker, it feels a BIT too much. kinda frustrated right now.

• Like 1

It's this incessant nature of timberwolves that eventually led me to switch them off on custom, my nerves can't handle that kind of grief over and over again. Wintermute was bearable, survival not so much. For that reason, I have no idea if they ever stop spawning but wish you luck in your endeavour regardless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

yeah, i am pretty nervous around them too. i did not really dealt with them before so i think its normal. right now i decided not to stay at the cannery to open it when aurora hits, cuz there is like nothing inside that i need right now, so it can wait. i can go there if i want to open the workshop and deal with that nonsense. since this happens only at the cannery (for now), if i just not stay there it'll be fine i think. and at the end if i feel like it's too much, for the next run i can use a setting that changes the possibility for a timberwolf pack to spawn. i can work my way around with that, u can check that too.

Edited by Ahad Ahmet
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ahad Ahmet said:

yeah, i am pretty nervous around them too. i did not really dealt with them before so i think its normal. right now i decided not to stay at the cannery to open it when aurora hits, cuz there is like nothing inside that i need right now, so it can wait. i can go there if i want to open the workshop and deal with that nonsense. since this happens only at the cannery (for now), if i just not stay there it'll be fine i think. and at the end if i feel like it's too much, for the next run i can use a setting that changes the possibility for a timberwolf pack to spawn. i can work my way around with that, u can check that too.

Precisely, play how you want to and adjust the things that make you feel uncomfortable or anxious; that's the beauty of custom mode. I do enjoy traveling to the cannery to repair tools, so for me removing that annoyance helped me appreciate the place all the more. I know it also removes a challenge, but you have to do what feels right for you. I hope you're having fun on your adventure despite those pesky beasts giving you a hard time 👍👊

Edited by Matt Lomax
Typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ahad Ahmet said:

so yesterday, i was trying to get in to the cannerary in Bleak Inlet. A pack of timberwolves started coming to me (idk why, didnt have meat on me, wasnot walking or running) at the end of the bridge. killed them. got in to cannerary looted cars and started the parkour. when i got to the ship there was already an another pack spawned in. killed them and cooked some meat and slept. restarted the parkour and when i finished it there was already an another pack. they already took 2 of my arrows, how many times do i need to take care of these packs to easily loot the area? even if its stalker, it feels a BIT too much. kinda frustrated right now.

Sounds a bit too many even for stalker !  And if they are respawning  then it definitely shouldn't be that quickly.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 4:29 AM, Ahad Ahmet said:

If you find it happens again, please try to take some screenshots and send along to us via the support portal. It doesn't sound like there's an obvious bug, but we're happy to investigate if it seems like things aren't working as intended:  https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

I've had the same issue specifically with the packs that spawn in and around the Cannery. After killing one or two of the Timberwolves in the pack and scaring them off, they'll come back and attack me usually less than two or three in-game hours later. This pack of Timberwolves followed me to the cabins and across the bridge to the worker's quarters, only ever leaving me alone for maybe an hour or two before returning. The entire time I was in Bleak Inlet, I was constantly being harassed by them unless I was up in the mountains after climbing the rope.

On 2/12/2022 at 9:38 AM, Matt Lomax said:

It's this incessant nature of timberwolves that eventually led me to switch them off on custom, my nerves can't handle that kind of grief over and over again. Wintermute was bearable, survival not so much. For that reason, I have no idea if they ever stop spawning but wish you luck in your endeavour regardless. 

Don't worry about them torches keep them at bay and you can scare them off with up to 3 stones there wimps

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 11:22 AM, Ahad Ahmet said:

Again you can go to black rock which isn't much better but if you get to the mine and then the prison there are only normal wolves on the interior of the prison and some people say a bear but ive never encountered it

Don't kill them all, leave the last one alive. That way a new pack won't spawn (unless it's a bug) and the loner is easily scared off by throwing a rock or three, or you can simply out-run it to safety. Using this method I hardly give T-wolves a second thought... in Interloper, at least.

btw, do you guys have any idea why the first timberwolf pack was coming at me? as i said i wasnt walking, running or carrying meat. i was walking while crouched and there is no way for them to hear me before i was crouched and they still did come at me like i was carrying a piece of meat. there was only wind hitting from my back. can that cause t-wolves to smell you or something?