Forest Talkers and The Old Bear origins Theory

Thorumsu

So... I've been thinking about the story of the forest Talkers and Breyerhouse company. I am trying to figure out who is the "good guys". So... from what we know, Breyerhouse was doing illegal constructions and cutting massive amounts of trees. The forest Talkers tried to do every thing they can to stop them. Their headquarters was the broken railroad hunting lodge. We know that the Forest Talkers all die and only one survives but... what killed them all or... WHO killed them all? In several notes we learn that Forest Talker tried to make a bio weapon to destroy Breyerhouse once and for all but they messed it up. I dont only think I know what the bio weapon is but Also I know HOW they all died. So... the old bear. The bear we all know and lov-... HATE while he chomps us down in the hunted challenge. He shows up in episode 2 of the story mode. Now... I saw so many people thinking the bear is an ACTUAL demon bear but he is not... you see, The spear can kill him not because it is special. It can kill him because well... it is a spear. The Old Bear has REAL hard outer parts. They are so hard that bullets does not effect him and only a spear is strong enough to go part that outer part. The thing is... How can he have that hard of an outer part? Well... this is where my theory comes in... I think the Old Bear is THE bio weapon that Forest Talkers made. You see, The Forest Talkers were not scientists. They messed it up and The Old Bear started to kill everything in sight. This resulted in most of the Forest Talkers dying while the others are killed by Breyerhouse employees. Eventually Jeremiah encounters the Old Bear starting their long journey...

What do you guys think about this theory? Am I overthinking or did I just solve a critical part of the story? Please enlighten me by replying. 

Edited by Thorumsu
Grammar fixes

Mind blown. So did they artificially create a layer of fur and put it on a regular bear...? I like the theory. 

I wonder if the Forest Talkers will actually have significance in the end or if it is just something else to add to the story.

• Upvote 1

Well... only one survived. And mackenzie decides his fate in a side quest. If you steal his ammo, He is killed by Breyerhouse. If you give him the ammo and the proof that Breyerhouse is doing illegal things, He goes on to a journey. A journey to share the truth...

1 hour ago, Thorumsu said:

Well... only one survived. And mackenzie decides his fate in a side quest. If you steal his ammo, He is killed by Breyerhouse. If you give him the ammo and the proof that Breyerhouse is doing illegal things, He goes on to a journey. A journey to share the truth...

I saved him when ı play episode 2. I wish we see the result of our choice ın episode 5. 
I like reading Foresttalker theories like this. Thanks for the topic.

As good and plausible theory and explanation as any other.  I do like the idea that the Forest Talkers could have enlisted a mad scientist to bio-engineer a DNA changing virus that they fortunately only introduced into a single animal, in this case the old grumpy bear.  The resulting infusion of manipulated genes caused the physical mutations that resulted in the "armoring" of the beasts hide making it impervious to gunshots and arrows.  The side effect was the man-killing rage subsequently beset the poor beast sending it off on it's man killing rampage.   The altered physical characteristics made the beast difficult to kill using conventional ranged weapons since it's armored exterior more than adequately shielded the beasts soft and vulnerable underbelly.   Perhaps the bears memory of having been trapped, captured and experimented upon by the Forest Talkers made them all an immediate target.  After all the bear was just being systematic when pursuing them since they all seemed to wear similar clothing, ie, camo outerwear the bear couldn't/wouldn't stop his rampage until there were no men left standing.

Luckily there was the legend and lore that told the story of another such encounter which resulted in the spear quest and the resulting retrieval, repair and deployment  of this untested weapon under extreme circumstances.  

screen_5625de7c-dacf-4e00-b99a-350fa7d5ecfe_hi.thumb.png.6b5690957039d42859d8ec8c096c885c.png

The Forest Talkers weren't necessarily the benevolent eco-activists who merely chained themselves to trees to discourage logging, but definitely
would be considered malicious eco-extremists by the folks employed by the Breyerhouse company.  

Edited by piddy3825
spelling
  • Upvote 2

Also... in his Boss fight, if you hide inside some place while he chases you his voice starts to glitch out as if they were pre recorded. This is proably a bug tho. I still believe that they artificially created a hard layer of fur and put it on a normal bear.

6 hours ago, Thorumsu said:

Also... in his Boss fight, if you hide inside some place while he chases you his voice starts to glitch out as if they were pre recorded. This is proably a bug tho. I still believe that they artificially created a hard layer of fur and put it on a normal bear.

so you're saying they glued on some layered hard fur armor?  In your initial post you hypothesized that the Forest Talkers created a bio weapon.  
You can't make a bio weapon outta a bear by cladding the beast in a layer of hardened fur armor.  you could possible do so however by changing the beast at the cellular thru gene splicing and recombinant DNA manipulation.   easy to believe considering we are currently living in a time where that shit is real...

5 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

so you're saying they glued on some layered hard fur armor?  In your initial post you hypothesized that the Forest Talkers created a bio weapon.  
You can't make a bio weapon outta a bear by cladding the beast in a layer of hardened fur armor.  you could possible do so however by changing the beast at the cellular thru gene splicing and recombinant DNA manipulation.  easy to believe considering we are currently living in a time where that shit is real...

The basic point is that The Forest Talkers somehow made the Old Bear to destroy Breyerhouse. With an armor or DNA manipulation. It works both ways. It just makes sense considering that thing is not a demon and just has hard outer parts [Stated by Jeremiah]. We also know that the bio weapon they made started their death [Breyerhouse employees finished them off]. So I am pretty sure that the Old Bear is Forest Talkers's doing.

Edited by Thorumsu
Extra info about Breyerhouse killing the rest of the Forest Talkers.

3 minutes ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

I think Mathis hits will with the back of the hatchet, the blunt part not the blade. Use it more like a hammer.

You sure?  Mind you it was kinda quick and my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be!  

Perils of getting old! Lol🙂

35 minutes ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

I'm pretty sure he holds it backwards and hits Will with the back of it. He tries with the blade at the end of ch. 4 though

Thought he did but wasn't sure. If I ever replay it I'll  make sure I'm c!oser to the screen! ☺

20 minutes ago, Thorumsu said:

I love how my serious Forest Talkers/Old Bear theory turned into disscussing how will survived the axe XD

It was kinda related when I first mentioned Will!  Both very impervious to damage!