Saving time lag

I play on PC and found that initially the saves would take little time.  As the I progresses through the game, the save times seem to take noticeably longer.  The longer the game is played the more that has to be saved.  That probably won't get shorter the longer one plays, the more areas explored, and more stuff acquired.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UTC-10 said:

I play on PC and found that initially the saves would take little time.  As the I progresses through the game, the save times seem to take noticeably longer.  The longer the game is played the more that has to be saved.  That probably won't get shorter the longer one plays, the more areas explored, and more stuff acquired.  

Lame 😞 I never seemed to really notice until the recent Survival patch. I doubt it's something they can fix, but it'd be neat if they could. Thanks for verifying

Guest jeffpeng
2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

The switch has to be the slowest console  for loading and saving. Drives me nuts!🙂

I wouldn't bet too much on that. The last-gen AMD based consoles are particularly weak on the CPU side. Think cheap entry level barely-smart phone weak.

3 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

I wouldn't bet too much on that. The last-gen AMD based consoles are particularly weak on the CPU side. Think cheap entry level barely-smart phone weak.

Well I'm going by the tech I've used . Even my ancient notepad is faster even though half of it doesn't work and the memory is nearly full. Same with my old PS1.  Animal crossing on switch is the longest Ive ever had to wait for loading.,and obviously it takes longer to save the more you play. 

I remember about 10 years ago there was all this hype about new consoles having " instant loading" times.  I'm still wondering  when that's going to happen!🙂

Guest jeffpeng
2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well I'm going by the tech I've used . Even my ancient notepad is faster even though half of it doesn't work and the memory is nearly full. Same with my old PS1.  Animal crossing on switch is the longest Ive ever had to wait for loading.,and obviously it takes longer to save the more you play. 

I remember about 10 years ago there was all this hype about new consoles having " instant loading" times.  I'm still wondering  when that's going to happen!🙂

Ah well, I though you were comparing TLD on different consoles. Well, you can hardly compare a PS1 to today's hardware. That thing had like 2 megabytes of memory and then some for the video output. And... well.... the PS1 was far from instant loading 😄 . Sure, it wasn't as abysmal as the PS4 and whatever Xbox is the one of that era. However: provided that game developers make proper use of the technology, the PS5 has pretty much achieved instant loading.

4 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Ah well, I though you were comparing TLD on different consoles. Well, you can hardly compare a PS1 to today's hardware. That thing had like 2 megabytes of memory and then some for the video output. And... well.... the PS1 was far from instant loading 😄 . Sure, it wasn't as abysmal as the PS4 and whatever Xbox is the one of that era. However: provided that game developers make proper use of the technology, the PS5 has pretty much achieved instant loading.

My apologies for the confusion. I've only played TLD on Xbox 360 and Xbox s . Didn't really notice the difference between them until the last update when some of the loading was very quick. Bit weird really, very fast going into trailers but not houses!?  

Not sure how PS4 is worse than PS1 though. ?🙂

• 6 months later...

For pc, specs of the computer significantly affect load times 

• SSD is faster than HDD 
  • better graphics card is faster
  • Faster VRAM decreases load times
  • Having Nivida's Resizable Bar, or AMD's Smart Access Memory significantly decreases load times
  • More memory can minorly effect load times 
  • and of course, a better CPU, or one with higher clocks and/or more cores will decrease load times as well
  • however, the older a game is, the longer it takes to load since more assets have to be kept track of

My pc's load screens are only 2-3sec long, barely enough time for the Tip in the corner to be read before the game loads

• Upvote 1