what's the one thing all vehicles on GBI have in common?

piddy3825

screen_1aea9e97-be57-447a-b13c-e06179342839_hi.thumb.png.6edd215066736cbcf18ca8b536d5fb34.png

screen_bfd22348-505c-4ea7-87bf-7e2b6a9e9bb9_hi.thumb.png.52d4409debe61fcab95b9d7476cacf3c.png

screen_98e74143-8f71-4946-9fb5-4e0d13d18bb7_hi.thumb.png.88a96d0661b9c1a6cb9243eb6bbba065.png

Well, if you guess that they are all unlocked, then yes, you are correct!

But did you ever notice, that not a single vehicle has an automatic transmission or power windows?

Nope, each and every model sports a standard transmission and manual roll down windows.   So, even without a battery, we should be able to roll 
these babies and compression start them just like that.  I'd venture to guess that some of the players have never even driven a car with a standard transmission,
let alone ever rolled down a window using a handle crank!  lol

Here's to the good ole days when you could push start your own car...

• Upvote 3

I always wondered why the devs put moveable sunvisors in the car and then never put anything up there to fall out.  
maybe because it would have fallen out and they thought an animation or something would be necessary.  
just once though, just once, I'd like to check a car's visor and find something, even if it is just an old pack of matches.

btw, @piddy3825, I test drove a 2014 Mazda 6 i Sport with a manual transmission the other day.  It was blast! 
Heavy clutch though, my left leg got one helluva work out.  Had power windows though. I was hoping for manual.
almost made an offer on it but the moonroof however leaked like a sieve...

17 minutes ago, RandomPlayer said:

I always wondered why the devs put moveable sunvisors in the car and then never put anything up there to fall out.  
maybe because it would have fallen out and they thought an animation or something would be necessary.  
just once though, just once, I'd like to check a car's visor and find something, even if it is just an old pack of matches.

btw, @piddy3825, I test drove a 2014 Mazda 6 i Sport with a manual transmission the other day.  It was blast! 
Heavy clutch though, my left leg got one helluva work out.  Had power windows though. I was hoping for manual.
almost made an offer on it but the moonroof however leaked like a sieve...

I have a stick shift Mazda 3.  It runs great for a 4 cylinder car.

The perfect thing to find in the visor would be the car keys, which could start the car and allow you to run the seat heater that someone mentioned in another post.  Did you notice the gas filler door also works?  I always hoped one day you could find a siphon and get some lantern fuel out of there.

4 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I have a stick shift Mazda 3.  It runs great for a 4 cylinder car.

The perfect thing to find in the visor would be the car keys, which could start the car and allow you to run the seat heater that someone mentioned in another post.  Did you notice the gas filler door also works?  I always hoped one day you could find a siphon and get some lantern fuel out of there.

Heck Yeah!  It would be awesome to find some keys.  I think I found the house key once in the truck at  the Milton farmhouse, but as I recall it was sitting on the dash.
no visor love...  you know, none of the cars or trucks in the game have a seat heater right?  that's why the seats are all made of cloth.  Leather would have been too cold in that kinda climate.  That is probably another reason why everything was manual.  less possiblity for cold related equipment failure?
btw, you know you can't use gasoline in a hurricane lamp, right?  burns way to hot, the gas has a very low vaporization point and the whole thing eventually explodes!
Boom, another way to die in TLD

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, RandomPlayer said:

you know, none of the cars or trucks in the game have a seat heater right?  that's why the seats are all made of cloth.  Leather would have been too cold in that kinda climate.  That is probably another reason why everything was manual.  less possiblity for cold related equipment failure?
btw, you know you can't use gasoline in a hurricane lamp, right?  burns way to hot, the gas has a very low vaporization point and the whole thing eventually explodes!
Boom, another way to die in TLD

Well, I know there are no heaters at this point, but someone found some "mouseover-able" seat_heater tags on some cars in the Blackrock area.  Just left in by mistake by the devs, no doubt.  It's in another post someplace that I'm too lazy too find.

Yeah, I know you can't use gasoline / petrol in a hurricane lamp, but the lantern in TLD appears to be a pressure lamp like a Coleman lantern (in the States).  They have a different name in the UK (and maybe Canada) which I forget.

The fuel for Coleman lanterns is petroleum naphtha, which is pretty close to gasoline.  Coleman even makes a model that can use 87 octane unleaded.  So, yeah gasoline (petrol) isn't exactly the same as petroleum naphtha, but at least it's closer than the fish oil from your cooking pan.😆

20211221081636_1.jpg

Edited by I_eat_only_wolf_meat

5 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Well, I know there are no heaters at this point, but someone found some "mouseover-able" seat_heater tags on some cars in the Blackrock area.  Just left in by mistake by the devs, no doubt.  It's in another post someplace that I'm too lazy too find.

Yeah, I know you can't use gasoline / petrol in a hurricane lamp, but the lantern in TLD appears to be a pressure lamp like a Coleman lantern (in the States).  They have a different name in the UK (and maybe Canada) which I forget.

The fuel for Coleman lanterns is petroleum naphtha, which is pretty close to gasoline.  Coleman even makes a model that can use 87 octane unleaded.  So, yeah gasoline (petrol) isn't exactly the same as petroleum naphtha, but at least it's closer than the fish oil from your cooking pan.😆

20211221081636_1.jpg

Apparantely the only heated seats in the game are for Prison vehicles...   everything else still manual. 
I just hope the radio played some rock n' roll during an aurora!

56 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Apparantely the only heated seats in the game are for Prison vehicles...   everything else still manual. 
I just hope the radio played some rock n' roll during an aurora!

The screenshot above was taken in a purple car, not one of the prison trucks.  Of course that doesn't mean anything about where it eventually gets implemented, if anywhere at all.

1 hour ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

The screenshot above was taken in a purple car, not one of the prison trucks.  Of course that doesn't mean anything about where it eventually gets implemented, if anywhere at all.

thanks for pointing that out.  as I looked back over the pic, i should have noticed the edge of the open hood was purple

44 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

@piddy3825 Survival mode, custom.  I posted earlier that it was interloper, but it wasn't.  Got it mixed up with another save.

16 hours ago, Kranium said:

Survival, interloper.

thanks for the heads up players.   the next time I'm up in BlackRock in survival mode I'll see if I can duplicate the screen prompt.  
btw have either of you reported this as a glitch?  

44 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

thanks for the heads up players.   the next time I'm up in BlackRock in survival mode I'll see if I can duplicate the screen prompt.  
btw have either of you reported this as a glitch?  

Hi Survivor.
I see that you are interested in this topic 😀
Yes. I reported the topic on December 11 in a thread titled "New options in cars after pointing with the mouse". Hinterland Studio took up the topic, closing this thread 👍

13 minutes ago, PiterZ said:

Hi Survivor.
I see that you are interested in this topic 😀
Yes. I reported the topic on December 11 in a thread titled "New options in cars after pointing with the mouse". Hinterland Studio took up the topic, closing this thread 👍

thanks for letting us know.  did they say anything about fixing it?

18 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

thanks for letting us know.  did they say anything about fixing it?

Here is the content of the reply:

"Closing thread. We believe we've found the root of the issue. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and for your patience as we address this."

Currently, only the color of the car has changed (from purple to green). But let us be of good cheer, my friend 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 2:11 PM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

The purple car is Jace's car in story mode. She does seem the sort who would opt for heated seats.

• Upvote 1