what's wrong in this picture?

piddy3825

Gotta say I never  even really noticed it ,never mind think about it. There could be a slight crack in the window,let's just enough cold in to stop it thawing but not enough to make the room too cold? .

That and the weird yogurt theory I had is all I got!☺️

• Like 1

Heh, was wondering about the same thing a few days ago when I saw a similar case. Just rationalized that must be a leaky window and left it at that. I once lived in an old house where strong winds in the Winter could blow some snow between the outer and middle pane. I don't think such half-temporary barracks, as I found the corpse in, would be built meticulously so it'd be quite possible.

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Gotta say I never  even really noticed it ,never mind think about it. There could be a slight crack in the window,let's just enough cold in to stop it thawing but not enough to make the room too cold? .

That and the weird yogurt theory I had is all I got!☺️

1 hour ago, ilenisaatio said:

Heh, was wondering about the same thing a few days ago when I saw a similar case. Just rationalized that must be a leaky window and left it at that. I once lived in an old house where strong winds in the Winter could blow some snow between the outer and middle pane. I don't think such half-temporary barracks, as I found the corpse in, would be built meticulously so it'd be quite possible.

nah, even if the window was damaged, there would be more snow about than just covering the corpse.  just bad continuity by the dev team.  it's the exact opposite of having a huge hole in the roof like at the mountaineer's hut on TWM with no snow on the ground.  just lack of continuity. 

I shoulda been a beta tester when this all came out...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

nah, even if the window was damaged, there would be more snow about than just covering the corpse.  just bad continuity by the dev team.  it's the exact opposite of having a huge hole in the roof like at the mountaineer's hut on TWM with no snow on the ground.  just lack of continuity. 

I shoulda been a beta tester when this all came out...

Unless the snow was frozen onto him after he made  some snow angels and it never had a chance to melt.

But yes there are a few things missed by the original testers. Probably busy fighting those pesky wolves!

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Unless the snow was frozen onto him after he made  some snow angels and it never had a chance to melt.

ok, finally a resonable explanation to this conundrum.   Like I keep telling my kids... "Don't go on the yellow snow, cause that's where the wolfies go!"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Morrick said:

I hope I haven't triggered bad memories, my friend…  :coffee:

No, no you haven't.  we had that typical father/son love/hate relationship if you know what I mean.  I find myself saying some of the same things and when I catch 
myself doing so, I finally understand what he meant when he told me that he hoped my kids would turn out just like me...  😖

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, piddy3825 said:

No, no you haven't.  we had that typical father/son love/hate relationship if you know what I mean.  I find myself saying some of the same things and when I catch 
myself doing so, I finally understand what he meant when he told me that he hoped my kids would turn out just like me...  😖

LOL, my mother used to say that to me and my brothers and sister all the time!  
Yeah, my sister's kids are little sh*ts to the 4th power.  So I think part of mom's dream came true.  
Although my dog can be a real pain in butt sometimes!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

It looks like snow but is actually feathers!  He tore open a pillow and put the feathers on top of him to try to stay warmer, but was already too far gone with hypothermia and frostbite.

good one!  There is that pillow and old bed roll right down on the floor in the corner looking pretty ratty.  You get my upvote for that answer!