BRM Teddy disappeared

ChillPlayer

This is kinda strange, I don't think I've seen something similar in any other region. There's a teddy inside the fenced back area of the prison and because he was slowly walking towards me, naturally I had to gift him a shot from my flare gun in the face. He ran away, I continued up the rope to explore the cell blocks, met with what was formerly known as Mathis and then went back outside, ready to face the bear again or shoot him for dinner - but he was nowhere to be found, not inside the prison complex, not outside, neither dead nor alive. It's as if a single flare shot has erased him from the face of the earth. Is this another bug?

On 12/14/2021 at 4:49 AM, jeffpeng said:

Hurt animals despawning when they die while you are in a building (sadly) isn't a new thing.

Yep, with Mr. Bear, you have to wait outside a building (or better in a cave) until he dies. 

Gosh, this has been broken for a long time, thinking about it.

-t

Interesting. I've been to Blackrock Prison a few times with 3 different survivors, but never encountered a bear within the prison's premises. Two of my survivors were on Pilgrim difficulty, one on Voyageur. Is it perhaps because I was playing on easier difficulties?

(By the way, the wolves trapped inside the prison's perimeter are annoying as all hell with their constant howling. I tend to avoid hunting wildlife if it's not strictly necessary, but I had to make an exception here!)

14 minutes ago, Morrick said:

Interesting. I've been to Blackrock Prison a few times with 3 different survivors, but never encountered a bear within the prison's premises.

he's in the back yard of the prison, where the rope climb is to the upper level which you need to climb to get the vest. Might be a difficulty thing too, I did my first exploration of the region on pilgrim and there was no bear back there. Imagine my surprise when I went there with my Stalker character for the vest and heard the panting of the bear 😲

Edited by ChillPlayer