Help needed understanding achievements

Deseoso

Okay so I only have 8 achievements left to get. 4 of them are visible and 4 say hidden achievements. I totally do not understand the 4 hidden ones as it says that they will be revealed once unlocked but it doesn't say how I am supposed to unlock them. What do I just have to wander around aimlessly hoping to stumble into whatever triggers them?

As 4 the 4 known achievements, the one that is confusing me is Living Off the Land. It says that I need to eat only calories harvested from wild plants and animals for the 25 consecutive days. The thing is, I am already 37 days into the game and I have so far only eaten meat harvested from rabbits, wolves, deer, bear and the stalks of cat tail plants. I have not eaten one single bit of packaged food. I also haven't drunk any tea or coffee. I know the achievements are working as I just finally managed to get the Exploration Game achievement. Anyone else have problems with the Living Off the Land achievement.

Up until now I have only used a bow in the game and when I look at the Silent Hunter achievement it shows that I am 37/50 so it is obviously working but the Living Off the Land achievement is showing 15/25 which is how many days I managed to live off the land in my last survival game. I don't know why it isn't counting my current game.

Living off the land is currently broken, requiring several more days to complete than the challenge tells you, its more like 50 days

As for the hidden achievements, they are all for Story Mode, which means you missed completing some side quests in Story Mode that would unlock these achievement's 

If you want to see all the hidden achievements, look at this list (spoilers)

Perfect, thanks for this. I guess the Living Off the Land achievement will eventually work out. I'll just keep on eating stuff I can gather in the wild as I go for the Silent Hunter achievement. I'm only 13 days away from that one.

Interesting. Three of the hidden achievements that I am missing are in Episode 4 which is good. I need to find all the bloody pages, figure out the latest Forest Talker plans and learn the truth about the 3 Blackrock rumours. I guess I rushed Episode 4 a bit when I did it.

I will have to go back and do Episode 1 and 2 again though as the final achievement I am missing is that I need to find all the Forest Talker caches from those episodes.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Deseoso

On 11/16/2021 at 7:38 AM, Deseoso said:

What do I just have to wander around aimlessly hoping to stumble into whatever triggers them?

On 11/16/2021 at 8:58 AM, SpanishMoss said:

lmao,

I've been playing this game a long time and have been wondering exactly the same thing!   There's two yet uncompleted hidden achievements besides the faithful cartographer one and I figured the two locked were somehow contingent on completing cartography achievement.   I never did bother to research what they were and just figured wtf, maybe just maybe, one day I will map the island.  Turns out they are from Episode two as I remember not finishing the side quests!

Thanks to both of you, I now have a new reason to replay Episode 2!    Gracias!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

no you don't!   Here in the good ole USA we just give them out.  all you gotta do to get one is just show up!  
Isn't that special?

Yeh they've started doing that in schools over here.  Id rather get it the old fashioned way but thanks, it's still the only one I've ever had anyway.🙂

On 11/16/2021 at 8:58 AM, SpanishMoss said:

Living off the land is currently broken, requiring several more days to complete than the challenge tells you, its more like 50 days

As for the hidden achievements, they are all for Story Mode, which means you missed completing some side quests in Story Mode that would unlock these achievement's 

Often when we receive reports that the Living Off the Land Achievement isn't working, it's because it is being reset by the following: 

• Eating or drinking processed foods or drinks (peanut butter, orange soda)
  • Eating raw or cooked meat found inside buildings or otherwise

For more information, you can also visit: https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Living_Off_the_Land 

https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Living_Off_the_Land 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Often when we receive reports that the Living Off the Land Achievement isn't working, it's because it is being reset by the following: 

• Eating or drinking processed foods or drinks (peanut butter, orange soda)
  • Eating raw or cooked meat found inside buildings or otherwise

For more information, you can also visit: https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Living_Off_the_Land 

https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Living_Off_the_Land 

LOL did the admin just link the fandom wiki page as a source for an explanation!? I've never seen a game dev do that...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SpanishMoss said:

LOL did the admin just link the fandom wiki page as a source for an explanation!? I've never seen a game dev do that...

yeah, they've probably replied to that question so many times, that's it just easier to point out the wiki than try to explain it for the 364th time...

• Upvote 1