Episode 4 bugs and glitches

soLong

Spoiler alert 

Ok I am stuck at the mine, listening to the phone ringing. I took it the first time, talked to Jace and then the mine collapsed. Then the real me (the guy tapping the keyboard atm) realized that the Forest Talkers cache puzzle is not yet discovered so I loaded the last save, found the dead guy with the last note, checked the cache and then headed to have my phone call

Here is what I am: the mine doesn't collapse and the show doesn't go on.

Since I am here already, there have been a few bugs that I noticed.

First, the weird timberwolves behavior. I went from prepper cache to the mine, and wanted to use bear that roams nearby to get rid of the wolf pack. The pack followed me, then they saw a deer, killed it and when we approached the bear they attacked it. The wolves killed the bear and the bear didn't care. He just kept walking until he died. Now I've got a lot of meat, guts and couple of hides, so I guess there's nothing to complain about

Still, sometimes the wolf pack gets to some weird mode - they keep following me but they don't attack. Happens when I am using landscape or vehicles to avoid them, not marine flares or noise makers.

Second, when you stand on some object like stairs and save, if you then load that save, you can end up being under that stair, and the save can be useless. Be careful

long-dark-bear.jpg

Edited by soLong

I agree with @Leeanda, I can honestly say I have never seen the wolf pack attack a bear before.  Just curious, was the Timberwolf pack in attack mode or just roaming in patrol mode?  That could be the difference in their behavior.  If they were in attack mode frenzy, then  I could see them tearing into the bear, otherwise it does sound like a glitchy situation.  You may wanna post that as a bug report either way.

Wow ı never heard wolves are killing the bear but ı finished wintermute again and strange things happened to me in mine too. First, ı found dynamites then ı found foresttalker cache and the game said “return to blackrock”. I exited the mine and ı found myself in prison next to steamtunnel exit and there was no collapse. I reload the game and then collapse happened but suddenly ı found myself in prison again(without exiting mine-just bam! I was in prison) ı wanted to do all the sidequest so ı reload again and again and the bug disappeared finally. Usually reloading the game can be very useful but like you said a lot of meat looks good. 

@piddy3825 I think timberwolf pack has this interim state, which begins when they spot you and start howling, kind of gathering the pack together. This state turns to attack mode when the pack approaches you (or after few seconds). I remember I went inside the prepper cache when I heard howling, to have a little rest. Then I sprinted to the bear, heard the howling again and kept running

Maybe you can extend that interim mode if you use vehicles, trees, terrain or buildings. Might be worth trying a snow shelter too

By the way, in Episode 4 first time ever I heard timberwolves from inside a trailer

Edited by soLong

On 11/9/2021 at 5:45 AM, soLong said:

Spoiler alert 

Ok I am stuck at the mine, listening to the phone ringing. I took it the first time, talked to Jace and then the mine collapsed. Then the real me (the guy tapping the keyboard atm) realized that the Forest Talkers cache puzzle is not yet discovered so I loaded the last save, found the dead guy with the last note, checked the cache and then headed to have my phone call

Here is what I am: the mine doesn't collapse and the show doesn't go on.

Since I am here already, there have been a few bugs that I noticed.

First, the weird timberwolves behavior. I went from prepper cache to the mine, and wanted to use bear that roams nearby to get rid of the wolf pack. The pack followed me, then they saw a deer, killed it and when we approached the bear they attacked it. The wolves killed the bear and the bear didn't care. He just kept walking until he died. Now I've got a lot of meat, guts and couple of hides, so I guess there's nothing to complain about

Still, sometimes the wolf pack gets to some weird mode - they keep following me but they don't attack. Happens when I am using landscape or vehicles to avoid them, not marine flares or noise makers.

Second, when you stand on some object like stairs and save, if you then load that save, you can end up being under that stair, and the save can be useless. Be careful

long-dark-bear.jpg

We'd like to look into this more for you. Can you please file a ticket via our support portal? https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

Thanks in advance!