Most hilariously ironic death ever?

straffin

So, I just took a crack at a Loper run...made it two days. Just after leaving the mine from Desolation Point (where I'd spawned), with TWO boxes of matches 😮 and a pack full of coal, I didn't bother starting a fire next to the truck I'd be sleeping in (oops!). 8 hours later (too long, I know), I woke up (yes! I did!) nearly frozen to death but at that near-death woozy state. 🥴I jumped out of the truck and ACTUALLY managed to get a fire started, only to stumble INTO it and officially burn to death. 😕 🤣

• Like 3

I start TLD by playing Wintermute. I finish first two episodes ı killed the old bear and ı was good. I thought yeah ı can play episode 3 on capable survivor 😅 So ı begin episode 3 ı rescued gwen and around the red barn with her suddenly ı saw a bear and ı was like😱  “you were dead, ı killed you in episode 2” of course bear didn’t listen to me so gwen and ı faded the long dark😴

• Like 3

On 9/21/2021 at 5:47 AM, straffin said:

Desolation Point (where I'd spawned), with TWO boxes of matches 😮 

Now that's a solid start, two matchboxes and flooding buckets of coal. Never have I had the luck (or suffcient attention?)! Where did you find the matchboxes? It's been a while since I started in DP but usually there's one in a crate in the house on Hibernia yard, facing the Riken. Usually find a red flare too but that's about all the fire starting tools I get to loot, even after breaking down the crates in Hibernia. Don't break down the crates in Hibernia, unless you're going to build a wooden bridge to mend the broken one. 

1 hour ago, manolitode said:

Where did you find the matchboxes?

I wish I was paying that close attention. 😕 Pretty sure one was the one you mention and the other may have been in the lighthouse.

Will the crates in Hibernia not give you hand-hewn burnable wood and material for snares? 🙂 

@straffin Awesome, I will definitely keep an eye out for those locations next time I start in DP. I'm confident I've never had a matchbox in the box by the church but like I said before, it's been quite a while since my man Will crashed in DP. Now that I think of it, I usually explore the indoor locations of DP with too little light, that could also be the reason.