Interloper walkthrough - From Start to Bow in 5 hours

Zaknafein

I make TLD tutorials, but these are very specific and people have asked for a more practical approach. To be fair, you can go to any interloper streamer starting a new run and get a good experience. But here is a complete walkthrough from start to bow hunting on interloper, narrated all the way, and without any stream chat stuff. Alternative, you can fall asleep to my voice.
Aimed at people wanting to try interloper or struggling to master it. Hope it is useful!

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 5:18 PM, Zaknafein said:

I make TLD tutorials, but these are very specific and people have asked for a more practical approach. To be fair, you can go to any interloper streamer starting a new run and get a good experience. But here is a complete walkthrough from start to bow hunting on interloper, narrated all the way, and without any stream chat stuff. Alternative, you can fall asleep to my voice.
Aimed at people wanting to try interloper or struggling to master it. Hope it is useful!

Great video! Thanks for the useful info,even though I play pilgrim it was very helpful!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, The Lord of the Long Dark said:

Well I have to admit that was  really good.  I definitely can’t watch a video of someone playing a game but no doubt the content was really educational.  
  I have to say I was trying to figure out how you knew all the tricks and tips and hidden stuff (even some I didn’t know about) and yet I saw one part where you thought the dog food had pull-top lids?????  I got a laugh out of that but I am sure you figured out that it’s because you made the knife. 

Thank you!

Haha, yes - the dog food thing was an error. After 5 hours of recording immersive narration, you get tired and I had a brain fart and totally forgot I had the knife on me. I thought perhaps they had patched it. I realize later in the video. For the same reason, I sometimes miss loot hidden here and there.
Glad you enjoyed the video!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Hi,

thanks to this video I finally gave Interloper a try and already survived 38 days. The trick how to handle wolves was particularly helpful.

Of course I somehow started this run a bit too enthusiastically after you said that Interloper runs won't start either in BI nor BP (which I both never visited before). I didn't even think a minute about the game probably starting in HRV (which I also never visited before) or AC. And guess what happened, the game started in AC at night but fortunately with good clear weather. Now I only visited AC twice in easier runs before so I had a bit trouble finding out where in AC I started but fortunately I made it to the Angler's Den, found two packs of matches there and that was my rescue.

But it also was kinda good fortune I spawned in AC because once I had looted all the easy places there I went to TM with a short stop at the Mountaineer's Hut just to continue to PV the next day where I found very valuable clothes at the Crash Site.

I must say I had quite more trouble getting the bow and arrows than you had in your video, although I found three heavy hammers and two hacksaws before I could finally visit the forge in FM. The weather in Interloper is really cruel sometimes with lots and lots of blizzards. That and the constant need for more food was a real struggle. Guess who couldn't keep the Well Fed bonus for long 😆

Right now I am in MT waiting for some hides to cure so I can craft some clothes before I am going to re-visit TM for the summit and later AC for the Technical Backpack. I wish I had found a Moose already...

• Upvote 1

you can improve this, i did here a full charackter clothing setup 2 bearcoats, deer pants and boots, rabbit mittens and hat cocking lvl 5 in 16D15H58M after this you got all you need it is is quick replayed if you die.

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Even Dark said:

you can improve this, i did here a full charackter clothing setup 2 bearcoats, deer pants and boots, rabbit mittens and hat cocking lvl 5 in 16D15H58M after this you got all you need it is is quick replayed if you die.

Thank you, but this video was not about doing it fast. It was a walkthrough tutorial meant to be thorough :)
Keep up the good content, though!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zaknafein said:

Thank you, but this video was not about doing it fast. It was a walkthrough tutorial meant to be thorough :)
Keep up the good content, though!

i know but i do not a speedrun it looks just like this. i think it is importend first to fight against the cold it is just planning your start route a bit and you can have more than a bow early. a double bearcoat, fur gear and if you use also the cloth gear makes interloper not so hard. it is easy then you handle the cold.

Edited by Even Dark
  • Upvote 1