The SECRET SHORTCUT to the Bleak Inlet Workshop

Zaknafein

I discovered this secret path to the workshop at the Bleak Inlet cannery. It allows you to bypass about half of the obstacle course as well as Timberwolves, and is a quicker way to get back in if you arrive from the north. Keep in mind, however, that you can get sprains and take up to 40% damage doing this. Should you miss, you can also fall into the mouths of the Timberwolves below (but I was able to do this consistently 5/6 attempts in a row on interloper, so its not too hard). You need 50 rocks for the first cache and another 50 rocks in your inventory (or stashed by the ledge).
Have fun!
(PS: There is a second, safer shortcut found by kimiota, that allows you to jump onto the planks near the workshop and take no damage. However, this will require that you kill the Timberwolves first... and you cannot boast that you jumped in the game ^^)

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You, dear sir, are completely crazy! I like it! If you're a she, I apologize since I watched video muted.

Either way, maximum respect for clever engineering solution! I can almost picture Astrid yelling at the top of her lungs as she's running downhill with technical backpack full of rocks!😂something I would do..

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2021 at 7:24 PM, AdamvR said:

wow... this seems too crazy for me, but wondering why you need the second set of 50? does it change your falling curve?

You need it to rock-jump out of the ledge you land on. Looking down and selecting a cache and cancelling will move the character slightly upwards.

I still don't understand why you would even bother. The "maze" isn't that difficult (or long) and the weight of the stones you'd need more than offsets anything you'd have to drop to get up the rope at the start. Interesting experiment, but nothing to try to replicate for anything more that curiosity, IMHO

• Upvote 2

On 8/22/2021 at 11:30 AM, Zaknafein said:

You need it to rock-jump out of the ledge you land on. Looking down and selecting a cache and cancelling will move the character slightly upwards.

aah, watched it again - you need it at the end, to actually move inside the walkable area... very clever/crazy;-)
Never used that exploit. Also not sure if it is very practical to carry the extra 15 kgs - like others said, but still, amazing feat:)

• Upvote 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:20 AM, straffin said:

I still don't understand why you would even bother. The "maze" isn't that difficult (or long) and the weight of the stones you'd need more than offsets anything you'd have to drop to get up the rope at the start. Interesting experiment, but nothing to try to replicate for anything more that curiosity, IMHO

Purely for style points. Not worth it in any practical sense.

• Like 2