Binoculars

FuriousTemper

Seeing how the game world has hunting cabins, hunting blinds and hunting rifles I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there probably were hunters at the Bear Island before the poop hit the fan.
Beside probably carrying a thermos flask that I've written about before, I'm certain these guys also had binoculars.

Like the thermos flask, I think binoculars should be a rare/unique find or reward for completing something difficult. Sort of like when you get the technical backpack after reaching it's location.

The field of view can be long in the game and I can't tell how many times I've thought to have seen a house only to later discover a ruin or a dense brush. I've thought to have found a good passage only to find myself surrounded by ice. I've walked extra miles to avoid wolves only to discover that I'm avoiding deers. I've thought to have discovered a car but turned out it weighted hundred kilos more and had teeth. I've found a pack of rabbits and when I started stalking them, they strangely started to encircle me.

Binoculars would be a great help, and fit the setting as well.

That is all, thanks for the great game 

Edited by FuriousTemper
Spelling fixes
  • Upvote 6
  • Like 2

I wonder if binoculars aren't a thing yet because the game's draw distance isn't powerful enough to justify it.

I think maybe that creating a "zoom" option might expose too much lack of detail for the current build of TLD, but that it might end up in a next gen remaster or sequel.  

I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 4:50 PM, Mig_zvm said:

I wonder if binoculars aren't a thing yet because the game's draw distance isn't powerful enough to justify it.

I think maybe that creating a "zoom" option might expose too much lack of detail for the current build of TLD, but that it might end up in a next gen remaster or sequel.  

I could be wrong.

I have noticed that when people use the modded binoculars there seems to be an issue with the focus and general quality is poor!