Dear Hinterland...

Mentatt76

17 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Of course it might still be a bug, just saying that whenever I tried to follow the trail, it worked. You didn't see any footprints either? Usually you have both, blood and footprints.

Only at the beginning then they just vanished!

6 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

I cannot confirm that, I was following a blood trail yesterday of a Timberwolf from the Cannery to the island on the frozen sea and back. Maybe it has to do with snow? There are places in the game where if you put something on the ground, it will vanish into the ground but is still clickable, like the roof of a trailer in cannery. Maybe the trail "sinks" in in some places too.

We haven't noticed an increase in these reports, but if you notice the problem persist, please file a report via our support portal: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Not sure if that's the case, but one possible problem with tracking could be if animals don't have stamina. In other words, a deer might launch into a sprint and keep running at top speed until it suddenly dies after 2 hours. In my opinion they should start running and disappear out of sight fast, but if you follow the trail, eventually you should start gaining on them and maybe even spot them still alive as they would slow down (significantly even) long before they drop.