Billy goating from TWM summit

Cranky

Just really needed to share this with ppl who will appreciate. 

So on my current stalker run I didn’t want to ferry all that good plane crash loot down the long way and take multiple trips, last time I did that it took way to long. Instead, this time I loaded up on everything I wanted (which made me 17kg over weight) and goated my riches down the face of the summit. 

To be honest I was quite doubtful I’d live, being that I’ve never goated with that much over weight and thru a lot of deadly territory. But to my surprise I made it down with only one sprain and avoided the wolves and bears. 

• Upvote 1

Me too!  Goating down is just so much more practical when you want to maximize the loot from the summit.  
Curious though, which "route" is the least dangerous and or most expeditious?  I like to descend  from just right of the tail looking down towards Crystal Lake.  Then I typically veer to the right and end up coming down into the little meadow basically overlooking the fishing shack.  At best a few sprains and bruises and mostly avoid all the wildlife except maybe an odd wolf or two, but they are easily dispatched from above using the bow.  

On 4/10/2021 at 2:41 PM, piddy3825 said:

Me too!  Goating down is just so much more practical when you want to maximize the loot from the summit.  
Curious though, which "route" is the least dangerous and or most expeditious?  I like to descend  from just right of the tail looking down towards Crystal Lake. 

I took the same route. Waited for a clear late morning so I could see the lake and dock then headed down veering right. In all its a fairly obvious smooth way down, lots of snow and very few drops. I made sure I had no meat scent so not to attract unwanted attention.  Did it again this morning to bring back all the goods I left in the many caves.  

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

I took the same route. Waited for a clear late morning so I could see the lake and dock then headed down veering right. In all its a fairly obvious smooth way down, lots of snow and very few drops. I made sure I had no meat scent so not to attract unwanted attention.  Did it again this morning to bring back all the goods I left in the many caves.  

supposedly there is way down that practically walks you almost to the upper edge of Echo Ravine.  I've tried finding it a couple of times, but usually just end up lost somewhere broken and bleeding and over encumbered to boot!