Neat trick!

straffin

This is actually a very well known phenomena in this game where your wounded wildlife just "teleports" out of the area leaving you looking about in amazement and puzzling it out in your head.  I've had this happen to me more than a few times so it can be frustrating when the beast disappears and it's got a couple of your arrows stuck in it...  
anyways, you could go looking, but most of the time if you just end up going home and coming back out the next morning, you'll often find the carcass nearby.  

there are some nay sayers on the forums saying there's no teleportation and you just lost sight of where they ran off towards, but ya mon, you got dat teleporting thing going on.  don't let 'em tell you any different, that bear is especially crafty!

• Upvote 3

Speaking of bears, I was stalking one at milton and poor fella collapsed, but kept breathing. I saw vapor coming out of his muzzle. Remembering how someone mentioned bears can go to sleep and then wake up, I was cautious and waited in a car nearby. 

After running out of patience, I started slowly coming closer to the bear, firing off revolver shots to 'wake him up'.

When I got point blank, my cursor showed "x something"% frozen, but he kept breathing. I was so bummed, because I sent like 7 revolver bullets to his head when he was already faded into the long dark.

Anyways, I harvested him, brought stuff to the trailer and went to HRV through the cave nearby :)

RIP alive bear.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 8:31 AM, Stinky socks said:

Speaking of bears, I was stalking one at milton and poor fella collapsed, but kept breathing. I saw vapor coming out of his muzzle.

I've noticed this on quite a few bear kills I've had.  Perhaps that occurs for a set amount of time after their death?  I could understand some steam coming from them, but it definitely looks to be breathing as the steam comes from the nose in regularly intervals.

• Upvote 1