Weird Bear Encounter

14 hours ago, metlman72 said:

First, very nice first shot on the bear and the deer as well.

I have had a similar encounter, with a wolf though. 

Thank you sir! I was a little freaked out during this encounter, the pathing of the bear was so weird! I thought for sure that I was going to get mauled when the bear first came up on the rock! I've got a new tactic for (normal) wolves, I let them get very close and let fly with an arrow to their face, 100% success rate so far and I'm loving it - no more wasting bullets!

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha! That was hilarious... and some good shooting! 

That's how I always kill wolves with a bow. But, I'm still not 100% with it because sometimes I wait a split second too long. Backing away while drawing them out onto flat ground helps too. They're a lot less likely to zigzag the last few feet. And then... I kill a moose with a single distant bow shot. The game is bizarre sometime.

57 minutes ago, stirfoo said:

Hahaha! That was hilarious... and some good shooting! 

That's how I always kill wolves with a bow. But, I'm still not 100% with it because sometimes I wait a split second too long. Backing away while drawing them out onto flat ground helps too. They're a lot less likely to zigzag the last few feet. And then... I kill a moose with a single distant bow shot. The game is bizarre sometime.

I found a moose the other day, and setup a whole elaborate trap and a firewall to lure it into a spot I want.   A rifle hit at range to gets its attention, and finish it with the bow once it gets stopped by the fire.   ........ rifle dropped it in one hit.  Worse still... now I had 1 hour worth of fire that was supposed to keep me warm while I harvest.   So I make a new fire and start cutting it up.   Guts and Skin first to get them out of the way, reupped the fire.... and while I was harvesting meat a damn blizzard dropped right on top of me before I could cancel out.

So there I was, a crap ton of meat, skin, guts, and just out of warmth.   Had to ditch most of the meat, and try to blindly make my way back to a nearby trailer (was on the stream by the dam in ML).  Just my luck, that first fire I set up is what got me oriented, and almost went the wrong direction had I not seen it.

This damn game just knows how to make my situation worse, inversely proportional to how much I setup.... and then have mercy on me before killing me off.   I swear its just doing it to squeeze more suffering out of me.

Edited by starlin