New Survival Challenge

Mig_zvm

Similar to COD zombies I wondering if it wouldn't be fun if there was a mode where the weather gets increasingly worse and worse over time until eventually you die.

Not sure exactly how this would be implemented, but it seems like an obvious option.

That would be nice, it could give people the objective of trying to survive. The way the game works though I could see people living indefinitely. Houses are never cold and you die just as fast whether it's -1 or -273 once you start freezing.

Edited by odizzido

6 hours ago, odizzido said:

That would be nice, it could give people the objective of trying to survive. The way the game works though I could see people living indefinitely. Houses are never cold and you die just as fast whether it's -1 or -273 once you start freezing.

My thinking was that over time, not just the temperature would decrease, but also the blizzard and wind frequency.  

Another idea would be an increase of wolves in a region if you didn't shut down it's population.

And yes, the point would be that everyone would eventually fade into TLD.

I know there is a setting to make the world colder over time. This seems to be the case with Interloper, it progressively gets colder. But I believe there is a limit to it. I dont think this is really feasible in a way game is set up, unless one is playing with a very limited regeneration. Because the cold never kills you right away, once you reach freezing temp, you start getting hypothermia risk and damage by freezing. I guess one way to do this would be to take insane amount of damage through freezing. But I think the fastest way to die right now is blood loss and that still gives one enough time to do something about it. Bloodloss is only really dangerous because its accompanied by damage taken from animal attacks (most of the time anyway). 

I think it would  be interesting to see. With the world getting really cold really fast and with the player taking a lot of damage when freezing. What would be the objective, though? 

The point would be to kill people.

Currently for me I start a game, get set up, feel like I could survive forever, then quit. If things were getting worse and worse I could always feel that sense of I don't think I am going to make it, of wanting to prepare. Then I can just see how long I can survive.

I had that when I first started playing. I was trying to survive on the lake with the cabin in timberwolf mountains before I figured out I needed a knife and a forge to make anything. Since I was playing on the highest difficulty of course none of that was going to happen. But before I figured that out I was enjoying it.

One issue I can see with this idea though is the magic houses. I would really like it if they could get colder with the environment. They would need to introduce house heating though. And possibly the ability to insulate one to some amount to give us another thing to do to prepare for the cold nights ahead.

edit---------

One thing I would not like so much though is simply adding to the wolf thunderdome. I would really like to die to the environment or thirst/hunger.

Edited by odizzido