So, lantern fuel... pretty useful, not easy to make. How would ya all feel about a new way to make lantern fuel?

Mroz4k

Alternative ways to make lantern fuel  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/23/2021 at 3:58 AM, piddy3825 said:

and btw, if you arent using a cooking pot when cooking fish, you actual produce about 25%  less fuel oil

I'm afraid this is a myth, based on my extensive tests - please check them out at the original post, as there are some surprising findings... 
The reason for the apparent 25% difference could be something else, I do not yet want to spoil...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AdamvR said:

I'm afraid this is a myth, based on my extensive tests - please check them out at the original post, as there are some surprising findings... 
The reason for the apparent 25% difference could be something else, I do not yet want to spoil...

yes, I stand corrected.  I read your post and then ran some comparisons on my own and in each variation i produced the same amount of fuel oil regardless of using the pot vs. open cook top.  good to know since now that means a slightly lower carry weight since I dont have to schlep a heavy pot.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1