Where are the basic items?

zoryxx

I am sorry if this has been raised before so direct me if possible.

First thing after fire, water, some food is a weapon.

Where is the common spear you can create with your hatchet. or the Fishing Spear?

Most common for folks that live in the snow regions of Canada and the Rockies, would have snow shoes?

Why is there no design for a person to make snow shoes with saplings, and cured gut??

This is basic and should be in survival mode please. Imagine running around deep snow with just boots LOL No Thank You.

Please add these to items to game play

Thank You

• Upvote 1

@zoryxxabout snow shoes: If you didn't noticed, the snow is never thick enough to impairing the movement, or it is very dense, to the point of we can walk over it and don't sink into.

So, i think that for a technical issue, or simply for game design decision, snow shoes are not possible and not even needed, since walking through snow covered terrain is not a problem.

about a common spear: that also would be my first thought in such survival situation, involving the presence of predators. Let's hope the devs implement something on this direction.

I think it's okay for them to make the game how they want to....it is their project.

Of course there are other games such as xenonauts 2 where it is much more community focused. The people making that game will talk to us regular people and things get looked and and implemented and changed, removed if they don't work, etc. I do think it's going to be a better game because of that too so really it is a shame that hinterland mostly doesn't seem to read or care what we think. At least relative to the other project I purchased early to fund.