Survival Expert REACTS to The Long Dark

LTL King

Maybe these comes in an excessive, overcharged way, not a shortage.

IDK how an EMP works in real life, but i wonder if i'ts a similar way, perhaps. Anyways, i think Mackenzie could do nothing on that situation, since he lost not only engine power, but all of the controls (i guess they are electrical, not mechanical).

But the way that Aurora (ingame) works is really little contradictory. First everything stops working, but also everything regains power :D

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Old Hermit said:

Maybe these comes in an excessive, overcharged way, not a shortage.

IDK how an EMP works in real life, but i wonder if i'ts a similar way, perhaps. Anyways, i think Mackenzie could do nothing on that situation, since he lost not only engine power, but all of the controls (i guess they are electrical, not mechanical).

But the way that Aurora (ingame) works is really little contradictory. First everything stops working, but also everything regains power :D

The thing is it’s not an EMP. The magnetic pole shifted- it’s not disrupted or randomized. 
We know this because dropping an arrow always consistently points in the same direction so the magnetic field is still consistent. Therefore, not only a compass will work- (it would just be off true north), but from an electromagnetic perspective there is no reason electrical motors wouldn’t function without the aurora because the commutators still have opposing poles, and there is no reason amperage would be prevented because electron flow would still move from anode to cathode. 
   Some serious ‘splainin’ needs to done to justify the situation both during and absent of this mysterious aurora

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schrodingers Box said:

The thing is it’s not an EMP. The magnetic pole shifted- it’s not disrupted or randomized. 
We know this because dropping an arrow always consistently points in the same direction so the magnetic field is still consistent. Therefore, not only a compass will work- (it would just be off true north), but from an electromagnetic perspective there is no reason electrical motors wouldn’t function without the aurora because the commutators still have opposing poles, and there is no reason amperage would be prevented because electron flow would still move from anode to cathode. 
   Some serious ‘splainin’ needs to done to justify the situation both during and absent of this mysterious aurora

Nice. Thanks for clarifying, i know very little about electrical motors.

That is the "exotic feature" on the game hahaha

It’s a girl who would enjoy camping and wilderness survival.  That’s unusual and interesting in itself.  
Most of her advice was spot on.  I do think she got a little hung up on eating people, but otherwise her commentary was entertaining and fairly knowledgeable!

On 2/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, Stinky socks said:

This is very strange how aurora 'fried everything', but you can get a computer running and CNC machine and radios when aurora is active every night?

Yes I've noticed that too....things have been getting stranger and illogical lore wise. Computers never used to work and the CNC machine never used to exist so it's a more recent issue. I am all for making the world more interesting with gameplay effecting events but hopefully microwaves, stoves, cars, etc can all start working too so the game can make more sense. Though it would be a nice touch if the cars would stop working after a certain amount of time has passed as gas goes bad in something less than a year.

• Like 1