Cleaning Kits.

LoneWolf5841

This is a simple request to just either have another setting in custom sandbox to allow cleaning Kits to spawn or attach cleaning kits to rifle and revolver availability. As of now, If you create a custom sandbox and have 'baseline resource availability' set to low, then cleaning kits won't spawn even if rifles are allowed. This doesn't make sense since the cleaning kit is a tool for the rifle. Is this by design or was it an oversight?

I personally don't play interloper because I'm not a fan of the no gun rule it comes with. It never really made sense to me as it is an isolated region with bears and wolves. The people of Great Bear would've had rifles meaning you should find one eventually.

I would love to do a custom interloper run with rifles and revolvers allowed but unfortunately I have to set baseline resources to medium just so the cleaning kits for them can even spawn. This is unfortunate since I'm forced to use medium or above. I would prefer less resources spawning, as on medium I'm a walking buffet with more food than I know what to do with. 

If I have a rifle or revolver set to spawn I should have the cleaning kits spawning as well, or why have them if they'll eventually break anyway. I know you can repair the rifle and revolver at BI but it requires the aurora to be active and that is kinda unpredictable and I personally would just rather have the cleaning kits. BI is really just a convenience if I happen to be lucky enough to get an Aurora while there. On another note, a separate option to allow knives and hatchets to spawn even if baseline resources are set to low would be fantastic, cause just like the rifles, I personally don't believe you would go to an isolated island and not find at least 1 knife and hatchet laying about. 

Edited by LoneWolf5841
Spelling and punctuation fixes.
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LoneWolf5841 said:

This is a simple request to just either have another setting in custom sandbox to allow cleaning Kits to spawn or attach cleaning kits to rifle and revolver availability. As of now, If you create a custom sandbox and have 'baseline resource availability' set to low, then cleaning kits won't spawn even if rifles are allowed. This doesn't make sense since the cleaning kit is a tool for the rifle. Is this by design or was it an oversight?

(snip)

If I have a rifle or revolver set to spawn I should have the cleaning kits spawning as well

Agree 100%

• Like 1

I think the reason why the gun cleaning kits don't spawn in BRA Low is because vanilla Interloper also uses the same loot setting so adding them in BRA Low would cause the kits to spawn in vanilla Interloper as well, which is probably not the devs' intention.

But I don't see why they won't add the kits altogether with the rifle and revolver spawn option. So the request is totally reasonable.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gotmilkanot said:

I think the reason why the gun cleaning kits don't spawn in BRA Low is because vanilla Interloper also uses the same loot setting so adding them in BRA Low would cause the kits to spawn in vanilla Interloper as well, which is probably not the devs' intention.

But I don't see why they won't add the kits altogether with the rifle and revolver spawn option. So the request is totally reasonable.

I think it is a residual oversight.  When they first brought in the rifle/revolver toggle, they forgot that ammo wasn't spawning with BRA Low.  They changed that when the community pointed it out to them, but forgot about the cleaning kits.  I think adding in the firearms repair to Bleak Inlet might have been an attempt to rebalance it, but making the cleaning kits spawn in association with the rifle/revolver toggle makes much more sense to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I think it is a residual oversight.  When they first brought in the rifle/revolver toggle, they forgot that ammo wasn't spawning with BRA Low.  They changed that when the community pointed it out to them, but forgot about the cleaning kits.  I think adding in the firearms repair to Bleak Inlet might have been an attempt to rebalance it, but making the cleaning kits spawn in association with the rifle/revolver toggle makes much more sense to me.

Ah I see, I don't play Custom so I didn't know about the ammo not spawning issue. That fix might've been the reason why I found an odd revolver round in HRV on my Interloper run, though. But again, the ammo crafting materials and gun skill books still spawn in vanilla Interloper so at this point, I'm not sure what's intended and what's not.

8 minutes ago, gotmilkanot said:

Ah I see, I don't play Custom so I didn't know about the ammo not spawning issue. That fix might've been the reason why I found an odd revolver round in HRV on my Interloper run, though. But again, the ammo crafting materials and gun skill books still spawn in vanilla Interloper so at this point, I'm not sure what's intended and what's not.

All the skill books will spawn on any difficulty.  Which books spawn where is completely random.  I believe fewer spawn overall when BRA is llow, but I'm not absolutely sure about that... truth being that I don't loot as many sites when I'm trying to hit the key points on the map and move fast (which is most of my BRA low runs).  The only exception, might be a guaranteed spawn of a Wilderness Kitchen book on the bookshelf in the Camp Office (I can't remember if I've done runs where that one hasn't spawned).

Edited by UpUpAway95

3 hours ago, gotmilkanot said:

Yeah if cleaning kits was attached to the rifle and revolver option then base interloper would still not have them spawn since rifle and revolver spawn are set to no on base interloper. So for people who prefers base interloper then nothing major will change