Game crashing when transitioning?

wilsonaka

Hello fellow survivors;

I had recently been having game crashes when transitioning while playing on PC.  Sometimes I could play normally, but it seemed that I ran into problems any time I transitioned from outdoors to indoors or vice-versa.  Of course, I went through all of the troubleshooting steps, and nothing seemed to work.  This is when I decided to tinker with graphics settings; if it's broke try to fix it, right?

As soon as I turned Vertical Sync ON (Under Display in Options), I have had 0 problems with the game crashing. 

I was already using the -force-glcore tag since my computer is a potato.

I am posting this here just in the hopes that maybe I help out someone here who is also having problems.

Good luck, and stay warm!

• Like 1

I was having the same issues and this indeed fixed it, thanks for the tip!

(I haven't yet done anything else apart from verifying integrity of game files in Steam, so this indeed must be the fix).

•  

Well, in all fairness, I still get the occasional crash but not even remotely near as often (I can play for hours w/o). If this works 100% for you, that's awesome.

I had thought 1.88 somewhat fixed this, as (most of) my crashes had disappeared, but now it is starting to happen again on more frequent basis. Today I have launched the games 10 times and every time it falls apart in a loading screen. Unfortunately the vertical sync toggling changes nothing for me, nor does changing the launch parameters.

Edit: now works when running Steam as admin, but have to see if it lasts... thankfully I'm currently at Timberwolf where loading screens are largely absent

Edited by Mistral

3 hours ago, JaySovereign said:

I tried these and it still hangs and freezes, what else can I do?

@JaySovereign Unfortunately, there's nothing here in this particular thread that can help you.  The best you can hope for is to contact Hinterland Support. Make sure to send them your session log file How to find your session log file and I've always found it helpful to send them your DxDiag file (if running windows) How to get your DxDiag file

I wish you the best!

I have been experiencing the same problem, sent my support ticket. Not crashing but all screen turns to a single color and keyboard no longer functions. I am only able to close the game with Alt+F4. 

Running Steam as administor and VSync didn't work.

On 12/8/2020 at 2:34 AM, wilsonaka said:

@JaySovereign Unfortunately, there's nothing here in this particular thread that can help you.  The best you can hope for is to contact Hinterland Support. Make sure to send them your session log file How to find your session log file and I've always found it helpful to send them your DxDiag file (if running windows) How to get your DxDiag file

I wish you the best!

I'd like to be able to fix this myself, thanks. Are there really no other options I can try?

4 minutes ago, JaySovereign said:

I'd like to be able to fix this myself, thanks. Are there really no other options I can try?

Honestly, I just stumbled upon the fix that worked for me.  I'd suggest tweaking settings because that's how I came upon it. I'd love to, but I can't really help. The developers would be your best bet (before they go on vacation).

Merhaba. Türkiye'de oyunla ilgili sorun yaşayanlar, denetim masası / bölge seçeneklerinden, biçim parçası (İngilizce (Amerikan)) olarak ayarlayarak sorunu aşabilirler.

Hello. issues related to the game live in Turkey, the control panel / options of the region, forms part of the (English (US)) as can overcome the problem by setting.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, deliaziz said:

Merhaba. Türkiye'de oyunla ilgili sorun yaşayanlar, denetim masası / bölge seçeneklerinden, biçim parçası (İngilizce (Amerikan)) olarak ayarlayarak sorunu aşabilirler.

Hello. issues related to the game live in Turkey, the control panel / options of the region, forms part of the (English (US)) as can overcome the problem by setting.

It worked for me, thanks.

7 hours ago, deliaziz said:

I created an account just to say thank you, kudos to you brother. 

The tickets and bug reports go unanswered but he just comes through with the solution. What an absolute lad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wilsonaka said:

Could someone translate into English better than Google here?  I'm not totally understanding what was said or what needed to be done, and I am sure the rest of us would appreciate it!

I have no idea what he's saying and I'm just desperate for a solution...

14 hours ago, deliaziz said:

1 hour ago, wilsonaka said:

Could someone translate into English better than Google here?  I'm not totally understanding what was said or what needed to be done, and I am sure the rest of us would appreciate it!

I guess it is about Non-English operating system. You should click "control panel" on start menu, then open "region". Change the "format" as English (US). This is for Windows 10. 

2 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

I guess it is about Non-English operating system. You should click "control panel" on start menu, then open "region". Change the "format" as English (US). This is for Windows 10. 

Sigh. It didn't work. It was already set at that...back to 5 to 10 minute loading screens for me...