Items for Other Survivors

Ahatch

I thought of this recently what if each region has a major location with a truck that one can leave an item for another would be survivor who may happen to stumble across it. Imagine you are alone and you go around hoping to find loot in order to survive but you also just take and never give back. If there was a survivor out there that was looking for company and was in the same predicament as yourself wouldn't it be cool to stumble across a new wolf coat in a trunk. So you are playing a long interloper run and you have no shortage of skins and other resources. You could place an item in each trunk in each region for an achievement. Once the item is placed in the trunk it can no longer be opened and the item retrieved. It would also give you some purpose to keep moving. 

Also as an added bonus there could be one such item left for you in every interloper run. Thoughts.... 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I like some variant of this idea of connecting players, but it would have to be done such that it's not OP. It would have to choose a random player to give the item to so you couldn't pass items to your future self, for e.g. Maybe the item also disappears after a certain amount of real (calendar) time, so if I put my extra Wolf Skin coat (which I think I actually have 2 extras..) in the bin, if someone happens by the bin in the next 24 hours, they can claim it.

I'd love it if you could do this that you could include a note with it, and maybe the recipient could optionally write a thank you note that you could go back to the bin to retrieve once the item has been claimed...

• Like 1

its kind of similar  idea what i had in mind sometime ago.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/6/2549465882932002047/?fbclid=IwAR1VpvGMjCCa3mWRVkvvy2aV-Jta_xMMyXifZXvIDFqUe7e93PfG5AG3-YU

Group sandbox
so got this idea in multiplayer thread.

you spawn in world as a first survivor.
there is no frozen npc corpses in world(not yet)
your only task is to survive.
you can write journals,leave notes in places of your adventures,create your own survival hideout with your stuff...then pack of wolfs attacks you...you fight for your life but your body becomes frozen corpse near miltons church.game over.

then spawns next survivor in random place...he starts his adventure...now he can find first corpse at the church,or find first players notes,journals,hideouts...
but he dies also.

then comes next survivor and next and next and next...and after some amount of players,someone is last survivor...when he dies,group sandbox is over.
its not coop,its not multiplayer...players never play same time....

of course,there gonna be notes like...sniff my pants or some sort of that but for more adult and more serious gamers,would be something with the interaction:)

how this go technically point of view...maybe impossible:D

Edited by kopo79
  • Upvote 1

On 11/25/2020 at 5:49 AM, Ahatch said:

I thought of this recently what if each region has a major location with a truck that one can leave an item for another would be survivor who may happen to stumble across it. Imagine you are alone and you go around hoping to find loot in order to survive but you also just take and never give back. If there was a survivor out there that was looking for company and was in the same predicament as yourself wouldn't it be cool to stumble across a new wolf coat in a trunk. So you are playing a long interloper run and you have no shortage of skins and other resources. You could place an item in each trunk in each region for an achievement. Once the item is placed in the trunk it can no longer be opened and the item retrieved. It would also give you some purpose to keep moving. 

Also as an added bonus there could be one such item left for you in every interloper run. Thoughts.... 

Thats good idea

@Ahatch / @k0s0ff

On 11/25/2020 at 8:19 AM, Ahatch said:

...what if each region has a major location with a truck that one can leave an item for another would be survivor who may happen to stumble across it.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:40 PM, k0s0ff said:

I mean, someone in their survival left. And you found it in yours. Funny accident.

Do you mean something like the Time Capsules in Subnautica?

:coffee::fire::coffee: