Will and Astrid

Daymo

It would be nice if the two playable characters had different inherent strengths and weaknesses.

I haven’t played story mode so I have little idea of the characters backgrounds other than Will is a pilot and Astrid sounds less sarcastic so I always choose her in survival mode.

For example:

Will could start with a higher mechanical repair skill (pilot) whilst Astrid could have more efficient use of axe/saw, reduced time/wear.

Will (larger frame) could have a small carry weight bonus whilst Astrid could move 10% faster. Will’s movement could be impeded more by wind.

I dont mind either of the survivors. You can in the end just turn off the survivor comments, if the one you are playing gets annoying. But as a big Mass Effect nerd, ye... Im gonna play Will. I can never have enough of Mark Meer. (well, of course, Jennifer Hale, who is female Sheppard in Mass effect also happens to play Dr. Astrid in TLD, so I guess both options would be kinda fine... only really played male Sheppard tho)

I guess this is a bit of a Story mode spoiler: In the Story mode, both characters are actually asymetrical - they have their set "strenghts" which fit in with their real world background.

For "Sandbox Survival" that is never going to happen. In sandbox, you are not actually "Will" or "Astrid" - you are whomever you want to be. You make your own story. Thus you always start at the same exact strenghts, with only small differentiations, those being the "feats" that you activate.

Edited by Mroz4k