Stats mechanics and items.

ExoduzVeldzix

First off stats or attributes if you will:

I think the game needs Strength Stamina and cleanliness stats, so you can earn that extra weight capacity and run that few extra meters in one go and reduce or let your overall stench grow.

Second mechanics:

like jumping and ledge grabbing (would allow a short cut to the warehouse in bleak inlet just jump up at the dock), bathing, character creation, third person view, the first and third person view actually showing what's equipped. 

Lastly items:

A drying rack to expidite drying times majorly, a composite bow that lasts longer than the wood bow and can be repaired (as well as appropriate arrows that can also be repaired and easily made at a forge), a compass for much better map exploration, a craftable scope for the rifle or a pristine scoped hunting rifle that can be found with luck, and unless you're against dlcs making $1 dlcs for unlimited use weightless maintenance equipment like whetstones tool kits charcoal sewing kits and gun cleaning kits to allow people to make managing their inventory easier. 

2 hours ago, ExoduzVeldzix said:

First off stats or attributes if you will:

I think the game needs Strength Stamina and cleanliness stats, so you can earn that extra weight capacity and run that few extra meters in one go and reduce or let your overall stench grow.

you sentence is not clear i would like to understand.

2 hours ago, ExoduzVeldzix said:

1:  like jumping and ledge grabbing (would allow a short cut to the warehouse in bleak inlet just jump up at the dock), bathing, character creation, third person view, the first and third person view actually showing what's equipped. 

2:  A drying rack to expidite drying times majorly, a composite bow that lasts longer than the wood bow and can be repaired (as well as appropriate arrows that can also be repaired and easily made at a forge), a compass for much better map exploration, a craftable scope for the rifle or a pristine scoped hunting rifle that can be found with luck, and unless you're against dlcs making $1 dlcs for

3: unlimited use weightless maintenance equipment like whetstones tool kits charcoal sewing kits and gun cleaning kits to allow people to make managing their inventory easier. 

i splitted your quote in three sections so it can be easier for me to answer you.

1: our character is almost always having more than 30Kg on him plus the thick and heavy winter clothes (and he got two layers of every of em) did you ever tried to jump with a 30kg backpack on your back plus big clothes that are reducing you movements? i mean it can lead to two outcomes : not lifting off the ground and falling or die of sweat trying to jump plus falling. even if it is a caricature i think i well said my point :) 

2: i would like composite bows and arrows they could be great but like rifles not lootable in interlopper difficulty. they could have a better range and better damage but i dont think we should be able to repair the arrows except if we use the machines in bleak inlet. the composite bow is a great idea.

3: You will literally never run out of maintenace tools

hacksaw: it can be repaired with toolbox and havested metal

toolbox: they spawn in great numbers and can be repaired with harvested metal

heavy hammer : can be repaired with fir wood wich is harvestable with axe

axe : if you eventually run out of wetstones wich i never have and trust my there is a bunch of in the world, you can still craft infinite numebr of with heavy hammer and hacksaw

rifle cleaning kit: can be looted in great number, rifles dont get dirty quickly and if you run out of cleaning kit you can still repair your weapons at the cannery or make a bow :)

sewing kit: you can repair clothes with fishing lines wich you can make out of cured guts and hook, hook is made out of metal you can craft em with your bare hands.

i think you understand the point, you will never run out of maintenance tools and if you do there are always multiple other options they just take more time to acomplish.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's feasible to ledge grab/jump when you are weighed down in winter gear and supplies. Have you tried putting on that much gear and supplies during the winter? 

Also Stamina and strength are related to your condition and stats already. If you are tired and in poor condition you have less stamina and strength which results in carrying less/move less.

Cleanliness has no bearing really. You are alone in the winter. Most you can hope for is a sponge bath. And there are better things to do in game.

A drying rack is also not necessary. Go next to a fire and dry off.

A composite bow would be alright.

I have like 3 hacksaw, hunting knives, rifles, revolvers etc. Half the fun of the game is resource mgmt. If you blow through your tools and ability to repair them, that's excessive. I am getting close to 70 days with running out.

5 hours ago, DPHG said:

Wow, to me this sounds like a completely different game than the one I've played over 1,300 hours of.

he said many things i agree with you fore some of his points but for the composite bow for example he is right

I don't think we need new Strength or Cleanliness attributes, the current well fed mechanic is good for representing strength level. I might like to try something like a new feat: maintain 'well fed' for 100 days, unlock badge that says 'well fed bonus is +7.5kg'.

I really don't think we'll see a 3rd person mode, and I don't think jumping is necessary to add to the game.

The idea for a composite Longbow, and a second type of arrow is good, I would definitely enjoy more crafting options.

A clothes drying rack is not really necessary... the few times I have wet clothes, I can just stand near a fire, and putting wet clothes on the ground near a fire will dry them out just fine.

I actually really like the idea for $2 DLC for things like 'Whetstone loses 1% condition per use'. Obviously that'd make the game a lot easier, but sometimes that's the kind of mood I'm in. I like the idea of paywalling anything that makes the game easier so that it doesn't infringe upon people that enjoy the current challenge. Any kind of 'easy mode' DLC or option should disable progress towards achievements and badges.

10 hours ago, Omnijack said:

I don't think we need new Strength or Cleanliness attributes, the current well fed mechanic is good for representing strength level. I might like to try something like a new feat: maintain 'well fed' for 100 days, unlock badge that says 'well fed bonus is +7.5kg

great great idea !

• Upvote 1

i dont think i apreciate 2$ dlc's i dont see the point. you will break like 3 whetstones in the game entirely before level 100 in sharpening. then every whetsones you find are going to be 5% use for 5% repair. wich is very very fine. as i said we will never run out of maintenace tools. and if you eventually do after day 2500 you can still live in bleak inlet and repair your stuff on the mill machine