Strange sound on Coastal Highway SPOILER ALERT

acada

This may be contain spoiler. And it is spoiler for Sandbox game.I am playing my current Voyager run. Now on 290 day. Recenty I started rabbits test. So I am located at Jackrabbits Island from day 259. 

I remember one day around day 260-265 I heard strange noise right in front of the cabin. It sounded like airplane or something. I thought, it might be a glitch or I should stop playing the game. But doubt was itching. So I start a search and found I am not the only one who heard it. About 2 years ago: link to steamcomunity 

So brace yourselves, the help is maybe coming. Or not, rest of the world might write off the Great Bear island.

Edited by acada
Does anyone know how to hide spoilers?

@acada

This is very likely a bug, and it's one we've seen before.  Raph discusses it in Milton Mailbag Dispatch #30.  I suspect that something similar to this could be happening again:

On 4/29/2019 at 10:43 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

We did a bit of digging into the Airplane sound question because it just seemed too crazy to me, and it was hard to imagine how that video couldn't be doctored in some way. Turns out this is a rare but totally possible occurrence in the game. I asked Glenn, my audio director, to explain what's going on. His words:

"What’s causing it to sound like jets are flying in the sky above the Coastal region is something that can happen in rare situations.  There are a few emitters making wave crashing sounds out over the ocean.  Each uses the same looping sound.  They are triggered with a random start delay, a random pitch variance, and each sound is filtered over distance, but every once in a while you’ll get two that are triggered with the same or almost the same pitch and delay settings, and in these situations the ocean is going to start phasing, which sounds just like a jet airplane flying overhead."

Who would have thought! He's going to make some tweaks to ensure this doesn't happen anymore.

I'm almost sad to know the true cause. It was more fun to imagine all the other possible explanations. :) 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

@acada

Also using the spoiler tags...

It's just like using the quote tag.  Encase the tag with brackets.  To denote the start, simply use the keyword "spoiler."  Denote the end by using "/spoiler."
It will look something like this (except you would use the word spoiler instead of the word text):

[text] Here is the information you want to obscure [/text]

:coffee::fire::coffee:
If you've done it correctly, it should look like this:

Here is the information you want to obscure

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Oh my. I used <spoiler></spoiler> html like coding. Not like

this hidden text

Sooo it should be something like chaining of ocean sound. Sounds plausible. But still. I think, there is an ghost in the code. And it is spirit of the great bear who had been slain on the the Great Bear island by Will.

You know. The game is about beeing marooned on the island. So after while you can became little crazy. So you can hear bear growl on the place where you shot him. You can hear plane, because you wish to be rescued. Even it might be bug. I like it.

Edited by acada