Muzzleloader

Themadlad94

I’ve recently been looking around online at some pretty cool Kentucky rifles, and thought how cool it would be if there were muzzleloaders in TLD. I’ve made many threads about new weapon ideas that some people didn’t agree with, but I think I’ve really thought this one out as the cons out-way the pros so it’s not OP. So if you don’t agree, that’s fine, just make sure that your not rude. Anyway, the muzzleloader would be a very powerful flintlock rifle that would be in the game. It could only be found in select regions, which would most likely be Bleak Inlet, Coastal highway, and Mountain town and would have a pretty rare spawn chance (Only one would spawn in the select few regions I listed) Once found, you would still need a few more things to make it work. You would need gunpowder, which would be made at the ammunition bench in BI, shot which could be made at a forge, and shooting patches made out of cloth which could be made in the inventory. You would also need a ramrod which could be crafted at a workbench from a maple sapling and scrap metal, but their is a chance that the rifle could come with one. The gun would be heavier than the hunting rifle which would affect aiming stamina and obviously take longer to load, but packs a greater punch. When first starting out with the weapon their could be a small chance that you put to much powder in or not ram the contents down the barrel fully which would affect recoil, durability reduction per shot, which would already be more than the hunting rifle, but this could be eased with a new skill. Increasing in level will reduce the chance of having mishaps while loading and will reduce the amount of durability lost per shot, increase accuracy, and increase aiming stamina. The muzzleloader could be repaired at the milling station like other guns, be cleaned with a firearms cleaning kit, and would provide some scrap metal upon scraping it. Now your probably thinking that you wouldn’t pick it up because of the hassle that this weapon brings with trying to use it, but that’s the point. Like I said, the muzzleloader hits harder than any other weapon, making it great for hunting large game like bears and moose. This damage buff comes at the cost of one shot at a time, less accuracy and more condition loss, rare spawn in a few select regions, and the other items required to fire the gun. Hopefully you agree with something in this thread, and if you don’t, that’s fine. Any suggestions are welcome.

• Upvote 1

I do appreciate how well thought out your idea is.  :)

Generally speaking, I do think we already have all the weapons we need.
(the exception being the Bear Spear, since Hinterland was already working on how to implement it for the Survival Sandbox)

However, as you described how you envision it working in-game... along with consideration for the possible advantages and disadvantages:

I'd say it does make for an interesting idea to think about.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

(the exception being the Bear Spear, since Hinterland was already working on how to implement it for the Survival Sandbox)

However, as you described how you envision it working in-game... along with consideration for the possible advantages and disadvantages:

Glad to know that you liked the idea. I do agree with your statement about the amount of weapons. Besides the muzzleloader and bear spear if they ever come, I would say we have plenty of weapons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 2:57 AM, ManicManiac said:

this weapon could be particulary useful on big animals such as bears or moose and on the contrary useless almost with the smaller animals. it could "destroy the meat" on smaller animals such as deers wolf and rabbits if you use the muzzzle loader on em. what i mean by destroying the meat is that they start at a higher level of deterioration and/or there is less meat to harvest and the pelt is unusable

On 9/11/2020 at 10:15 AM, oplli said:

this weapon could be particulary useful on big animals such as bears or moose and on the contrary useless almost with the smaller animals. it could "destroy the meat" on smaller animals such as deers wolf and rabbits if you use the muzzzle loader on em. what i mean by destroying the meat is that they start at a higher level of deterioration and/or there is less meat to harvest and the pelt is unusable

I agree. If it is very powerful than it should do some damage to the pelt and meat. Maybe you get less meat and the pelt has lower condition.

• Upvote 1