Strange Long Dark Dreams

PurpleWolf13

So I tend to have odd dreams in general, but especially of the video games I play. I've had two dreams about The Long Dark and decided to share them.

1. I was playing the game and was near a cabin and it was a bright, sunny day. Suddenly a wolf came ab-out, but it turned out to be a friendly tame wolf. I thought this was cool, but this happy moment was not to last. The sun began to glow fiercely and there was a solar flare that kill-ed my character. I had this dream when I was close to surviving 100 days.

2. This one is much weirder, I had it very recently. So I was playing my current save file again and was ad-venturing. My health got low and I ended up in front of a hospital. Went in and at the end of the hall, there was people with a wolf. For some reason I ran toward the wolf, for-getting that I was practically dying. The wolf killed me, and my character was taken to a small cabin that was kind of a second game over screen? I was really bummed out about dying and for some reason thought that this was real (even though obviously it's not, as The Long Dark doesn't have hospitals or people, well not Survival Mode, that is) I have made it through 177 days in my current safe file and have plans so I'm not going to be stoked about getting killed. Es-pecially a stupid way like that.

Yeah, this was a random post but I thought these dreams were kinda interesting LOL. 

• Upvote 2

I've had a couple dreams about the game as well. I don't remember most of them but there's one I do remember vividly:

I was in the Forlorn Muskeg, it was at night and the weather was hazy. I was carrying the rifle and I'm not sure where in the region I was but even that creepy song that plays at night played. I heard a wolf bark and couldn't see him until he came running and jumped me and that's when I woke up. ..

It was one of those dreams where you jolt up in bed and it's still night time, you're filled with a bunch of dread and can't go back to sleep (that's my case any way lol)

This was the song that played

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, PrincessAutumn said:

I've had a couple dreams about the game as well. I don't remember most of them but there's one I do remember vividly:

I was in the Forlorn Muskeg, it was at night and the weather was hazy. I was carrying the rifle and I'm not sure where in the region I was but even that creepy song that plays at night played. I heard a wolf bark and couldn't see him until he came running and jumped me and that's when I woke up. ..

It was one of those dreams where you jolt up in bed and it's still night time, you're filled with a bunch of dread and can't go back to sleep (that's my case any way lol)

This was the song that played

More like a nightmare if you ask me!

• Upvote 1

Had another Long Dark dream last night. I was heading back to my base, a bear showed up and I panicked, climbing a slope to try to get to a spot where it couldn't get me. That failed, and I was killed. This dream felt pretty realistic, and upset me as I thought I lost my best, longest save file. When I awoke, a rush of relief washed over me as I realized that it was just a dream.

LOL As you can tell, my Long Dark dreams are basically nightmares of me dying and losing my progress. 

• Upvote 1

Okay, had another Long Dark, or nightmare. I was going downhill from some place, Timberwolf Mountain I think. Then I spotted a bear coming up, and it spotted me and began to come after me. In a panicked frenzy, I went to the side of the incline and went down that way. I ended up tripping and falling to my death. Then the game started me in front of a library and inside was the new place to view saved journals and everything.

Geez, I feel like my Long Dark dreams (or nightmares) are never gonna end LMAO

Back when Pokemon Go really blew up, I had a dream where Hinterland released "The Long Dark Go" which was basically a similar concept.  You would walk around, but as you got cold, hungry, or thirsty you'd have to stop by local businesses to "loot" for food and supplies, or just hang out a while to recover warmth and fatigue.  Wolves would appear on the map, and if you had a rifle or bow you'd have to use the phone camera to aim at the wolf in AR, and tap the screen to take a shot.

I mean it was just a dream, but it was so insanely detailed I really think it would make a great game if made for real.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, ajb1978 said:

Back when Pokemon Go really blew up, I had a dream where Hinterland released "The Long Dark Go" which was basically a similar concept.  You would walk around, but as you got cold, hungry, or thirsty you'd have to stop by local businesses to "loot" for food and supplies, or just hang out a while to recover warmth and fatigue.  Wolves would appear on the map, and if you had a rifle or bow you'd have to use the phone camera to aim at the wolf in AR, and tap the screen to take a shot.

I mean it was just a dream, but it was so insanely detailed I really think it would make a great game if made for real.

Interesting dream and idea!

1 hour ago, PurpleWolf13 said:

Interesting dream and idea!

Especially if the same general model is adopted, where businesses can pay to have their location "upgraded".  I mean think about it, if there was a Jersey Mike's that just so happened to have a six-burner stove, bed, workbench, and an ambient temp above freezing....I'd be spending my lunch breaks there every day.  No question.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of Long Dark dreams, I had another one last night.

I was in Coastal Highway, walking alongside Hadrian and chatting about various in-game features, where we've been ETC. I believe we were near the Quonset area when we heard a wolf bark so we run to the nearest car to take shelter. We're both in the back seat and I see the wolf pass by the  car on my side, soon his head phases through the door and nothing happens. When we think it's clear, I open the door and the same wolf pops out of nowhere jumping into the car barking his head off. We're both shouting and because we didn't have a knife or any other means of defense, we had to use our hands. I take the wolf by the scruff and shove him out of the car nearly shutting his head in the car door. .. Woke up after that and seriously couldn't go back to sleep. :$

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PrincessAutumn said:

Speaking of Long Dark dreams, I had another one last night.

I was in Coastal Highway, walking alongside Hadrian and chatting about various in-game features, where we've been ETC. I believe we were near the Quonset area when we heard a wolf bark so we run to the nearest car to take shelter. We're both in the back seat and I see the wolf pass by the  car on my side, soon his head phases through the door and nothing happens. When we think it's clear, I open the door and the same wolf pops out of nowhere jumping into the car barking his head off. We're both shouting and because we didn't have a knife or any other means of defense, we had to use our hands. I take the wolf by the scruff and shove him out of the car nearly shutting his head in the car door. .. Woke up after that and seriously couldn't go back to sleep. :$

Woah, strange one! I have had a few more, but the most bizarre one has to be me wandering around the wilderness and then seeing Batman and staring at him until my condition went down and I died 😂

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a pretty weird TLD dream several months ago in April. It's rather vague, but I'll do my best at remembering it. It helps that I wrote it in my dream journal, so I'll copy it from there. I'm not too sure if it counts as aTLD dream, though it involves a place resembling TWM  Another warning, it's pretty strange. Even I'm confused reading through it-

I was on a Tundra, in the middle of what looked like it would have been a meadow in the previous months, yellow stalks poking out from the earth. Nearby sat a tall peak, the top partially covered by clouds.

It just gets weirder quickly.

I started out on a Hogwarts train that flew there. I don't remember any people except a single boy. 

We landed in the tundra, the watercolour style skies and such resembling TLD even more. 

Then, for some reason, I met a Karen and her 'sweet' little boys, out near some cabins. 

She saw me simply talking to her child, and must have assumed that I touched him. She launched into a Karen rant about how I needed put sanitizer on before touching her precious baby. 

I just walked off, giving an eye roll that she hasn't seen. 

We were beside the peak, clouds rolling fast, when we heard a song nearby. Both myself and the boy were surprised to hear Ariana Grande on a mountain (That's the only part I remember of the dream). It stopped and we went back, towards some sort of ruined shelter. 

But then, dun dun dun, I turned and noticed that the boy wasn't there so I went out into the snow to find him. 

I couldn't get to his location until a train showed up, flying us up there. I remember only two people who were on the train. Yuri (I need to stop watching DDLC videos-) and..Sear? (I can't read my own handwriting. I'll call him Sear)

I arrived at another hut, The Mountaineers Hut, with the boy I had been searching for. He was talking to an old lady who looked like she'd forgotten who he was. 

I entered, noticing a small black bunny on the ground that skittered into a corner when I came in. 

We talked and I woke up, confused. 

To sum it up, I flew to the TLD world on a train, annoyed a Karen, heard Ariana Grande music, lost the boy, flew up the mountain in a train, found the boy and talked to him whilst I think there was a blizzard outside. 

Well, that was weird. 

• Like 1