Prepper Cache Map Icon

hozz1235

I don't think it's new, because I have distinct memories of seeing them show up before. But the majority of the time since Faithful Cartographer released, the caches did not show up on the map.  So either it was a thing that bugged out and was recently fixed, or I'm losing my mind.

I know I never saw markings for prepper caches ever and this despite making attempts to charcoal them in.   Recently I was surprised to find that now they do show up. I assume that happens when you find one.  I found the medical cache in Mystery Lake and it showed in the black of the map, since I had not used charcoal.  I was rather surprised to see that happen. 

As memory serves, that's the bunker transiting PV to TWM.  If that's an actual hatch symbol next to the broken cabin, that does look to be a new symbol if you ask me.  But then again, I so rarely sketch the map ie, Faithful Cartographer that I may just not have noticed before.  The big question is if and when you find the random spawning prepper cache in PV and sketch the location, will that same hatch symbol show up on your map?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

The big question is if and when you find the random spawning prepper cache in PV and sketch the location, will that same hatch symbol show up on your map?

Yes, the random one shows the same map icon.

I'm pretty sure this is fairly new because before I was using spray paint to mark the locations of the PCs.

9 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Yes, the random one shows the same map icon.

I'm pretty sure this is fairly new because before I was using spray paint to mark the locations of the PCs.

Well that is totally cool!    Now I'd like to see a collection of maps with each of the spawn points mapped...  hmm... new side quest idea?