Where can i find rifle shells?

Data-0

When you say shells, do you mean casings or loaded rounds?    In either case, you'll never find "loads" but you will find quite a few, here and there.

from my observations, you will typically always find some (bullets and casings) in each regions prime indoor locations, for example, like in the gas station on Coastal highway.   I tend to also find them at each of the hunter's blinds that i scavenge as well.  I think you will discover that you will find lots more rifle ammo as compare to casings.  Ammo is fairly abundant in this game, but do check everywhere.  In cars, container, lockers and storage boxes.  there's also  the randomly spawning bunkers in both CH and PV if you want to take advantage of recovering the maximum possible munitions. And don't forget to police your own brass.  you wouldn't believe how many casings I lost by "forgetting" to pick up my own spent brass...

by the time you've looted the map you'll probably also be hauling kilos of pistol ammo by then, lol!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, SirSharper said:

yes. but it involves tons of climbing and urm....a tool. I dont want to give TOO much away

Give it away give it away give it away now

Red Hot Chili Peppers

but seriously, where?  I wanna know too!

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2020 at 12:11 AM, piddy3825 said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

but seriously, where?  I wanna know too!

Well thanks, you got that song stuck in my head now! 😧 :D 

• Upvote 2

On 7/28/2020 at 10:30 PM, piddy3825 said:

When you say shells, do you mean casings or loaded rounds?    In either case, you'll never find "loads" but you will find quite a few, here and there.

from my observations, you will typically always find some (bullets and casings) in each regions prime indoor locations, for example, like in the gas station on Coastal highway.   I tend to also find them at each of the hunter's blinds that i scavenge as well.  I think you will discover that you will find lots more rifle ammo as compare to casings.  Ammo is fairly abundant in this game, but do check everywhere.  In cars, container, lockers and storage boxes.  there's also  the randomly spawning bunkers in both CH and PV if you want to take advantage of recovering the maximum possible munitions. And don't forget to police your own brass.  you wouldn't believe how many casings I lost by "forgetting" to pick up my own spent brass...

by the time you've looted the map you'll probably also be hauling kilos of pistol ammo by then, lol!

I meant unloaded ones but loaded ones work too.

Sorry it took so long to reply(I'm new)

2 minutes ago, Data-0 said:

I meant unloaded ones but loaded ones work too.

Sorry it took so long to reply(I'm new)

hey, no worries at all.  hope you've had a chance to play since you posted your question.  but if not, rest assured you will find plenty of rounds laying about once you start looking.  As was mentioned above you could make a special trip to the summit, there's probably at least 20 rounds plus cleaning kits in addition to some rifles.  But, honestly you will find plenty on the way there.  The only other advice I'd offer is to use some illumination whenever you loot the inside of a building.  I find the light helps to "locate" those stray rounds that are under beds, chairs, desks and lockers.  good luck!

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2020 at 1:52 AM, piddy3825 said:

hey, no worries at all.  hope you've had a chance to play since you posted your question.  but if not, rest assured you will find plenty of rounds laying about once you start looking.  As was mentioned above you could make a special trip to the summit, there's probably at least 20 rounds plus cleaning kits in addition to some rifles.  But, honestly you will find plenty on the way there.  The only other advice I'd offer is to use some illumination whenever you loot the inside of a building.  I find the light helps to "locate" those stray rounds that are under beds, chairs, desks and lockers.  good luck!

I'm not new to the game i'm new to the forum XD

Even so thanks for the advice, i'll make a trip there after i'm finished with curing my hides and making clothes and getting some bullets from bleak inlet

Your most consistent source of rifle shell casings is after firing your rifle. Here is how it works:

- When you fire your rifle, the player ejects the casing and it falls on the ground. So whenever you shoot with the rifle, look down and the casings will be on the floor.

- For the revolver, this happens when you reload. As the player ejects used casings and inserts new ones, the empty shell casings will be on the floor.

For a visual example of how this works, see this timestamped incident:

Shell casings for rifles and revolver

You can use these casings to craft more bullets at the Milling Station in Bleak Inlet (I recommend not going there until you feel like you got the hang of the game - its infested with wolf packs known as Timberwolves).

For actual bullets, follow the tips already mentioned in the thread :) You find them here and there, plus at the summit.

• Upvote 1

Signal hill in Pleasant Valley is a good loot spot that often has revolver or rifle rounds. You'll randomly find boxes lying around elsewhere, you don't have to summit Timberwolf Mountain or hit up Bleak Inlet right away. They are both spots that might be a little difficult for a newbie, especially Bleak Inlet with the timberwolves. You may want to already have some rounds ready to shoot before you go there.