(rifle ammunition in mystery lake) search or craft?

johnrocker

since last played story mode so far,   long time past  .game    had   a lots of update process.so I made  fresh start  to  wintermute. just finished first episode.now I'm  in the mystery lake, should I search  for ammunition  of rifle or  craft them?

as I remember  there  are  no any vehichle available in this territory. in the last episode, due to weight problems left all car batteries  in  Milton  that I found.some batteries so useful turn them to scrap lead  to make ammo,  if  ammo work bench available  in the mystery lake of corse. I almost forgot all story location content since I've last played.

Edited by johnrocker

On 7/1/2020 at 8:51 PM, johnrocker said:

just finished first episode.now I'm  in the mystery lake, should I search  for ammunition  of rifle or  craft them?

Ammunition crafting is specific to Survival mode, as you can't access Bleak Inlet in Episode 2.  The cave in Forlorn Muskeg that normally connects is just a regular cave, and if you try to enter the Ravine, you hit an invisible wall and Will says something like "I'd better stay focused on the task at hand."  But if you make a point to explore every building, you will find more than enough ammo to get by.  You actually don't even need the rifle at all, although it does make managing the wolf population easier.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:03 AM, ajb1978 said:

Ammunition crafting is specific to Survival mode, as you can't access Bleak Inlet in Episode 2.  The cave in Forlorn Muskeg that normally connects is just a regular cave, and if you try to enter the Ravine, you hit an invisible wall and Will says something like "I'd better stay focused on the task at hand."  But if you make a point to explore every building, you will find more than enough ammo to get by.  You actually don't even need the rifle at all, although it does make managing the wolf population easier.

yeah, already finished episode two.

• 2 months later...

I haven't tried to cull the wolf population. The rifle misfires a lot, so I don't really use it. There are strategic ways  to reduce wolf encounters and flares are a better deterrent against wolves. If you want to make use of the rifle, you should probably focus on deer hunting. Firearms deteriorate way too quickly in game.

• 1 month later...