Getting badges in Winter's Embrace

piddy3825

Just curious as to the cumulative nature of consuming chips and syrup...

Looks like chips aren't really the challenge, but finding enough syrup seems to be the secret to success.  Since it can cross multiple games saves, what happens if a player dies?  Does the player still get credit for consumption in a game where they die?  

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Just curious as to the cumulative nature of consuming chips and syrup...

Looks like chips aren't really the challenge, but finding enough syrup seems to be the secret to success.  Since it can cross multiple games saves, what happens if a player dies?  Does the player still get credit for consumption in a game where they die?  

I can't imagine they wouldn't that would just be cruel.

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

I can't imagine they wouldn't that would just be cruel.

I agree, but... the did say something about saved games, so technically if you die, there's no save.  I'm probably reading in to much in the semantics, or worse been watching way to many malicious compliance stories on YouTube.  :S

20 hours ago, StoryGiver said:

I think the game "saves" every time you sleep. If you have slept in a game, even if you end up dying, I think that anything up until the point you died would probably be saved, at the very least.

the game also auto saves every time you get injured or enter an interior cell.  you're probably right that it does record everything up to the point you die.  lets hope so, right?

It should be no trouble for Hinterland to include it in the user file.  They probably have a certain amount of space set aside for that kind of purposes, among other things. That would allow for badge credits to carry over tying them to the user not the character. 

BTW, how does one view what badges one has?  Is that through the Steam interface? 

I only have TLD through Steam and apparently my account is limited possibly because I don't spend money on Steam.  At least that seemed to be the case.  If that's the reason  then I better just chuck my WE game because, for now, I do not intend to "spend money" or "something" just to get my account upgraded or something.  Maybe in the future, if I get more games, but that remains to be seen.

Gods I am dumb but maybe that is understandable since I have never done a challenge.  In fact, I didn't really look at the Challenges at all.  Someone mentioned badges contained with the Challenge tab under Badges and there it was.  

I am on day 26 of my PS4 winter's embrace turn. Tried to close the game and reload, but still there ist no winter's embrace Winter in July Badge. What am I missing?

Okay, I was missing some hours 🙂

Edited by traveler
  • Like 1

Badges for Feats have progress indicators... badges for Challenges do not (and I'm fairly sure, never have).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I just use the journal to keep track of how many bottles I find on each run, and tally them together in a text file.
I have three concurrent runs going for Winter's Embrace, and I'm close to finding the 25 bottles of Maple Syrup I crave. :D

Edited by ManicManiac