Got my first Moose!

Sherri

125 days into my first Survival game... explored most regions... and finally, finally got my first moose. In Pleasant Valley. :D

I am soooo excited for that satchel. And meat for days. Ooo yeah.

I *may* have spent an absurd number of bullets sniping it from far away I was just too excited and scared it would run away, to be careful. LOL!

20200626232316_1.jpg

Edited by Sherri
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Congratulations!  

That satchel is game changer.  Don't let anyone tell you that being able to carry an extra 5 kilos isn't worth the effort!  Where you gonna cook all that meat?

I'm holed up in the Outbuildings Barn. Had 3 fires going and cooked up half the meat in a day while negating cabin fever. :fire:

Which reminds me. I spent 3 trips moving supplies from the Community Hall to the barn, and my very first morning coming out of the barn... a BEAR! Like 10m away from me. Put one shot in him and jumped back inside. But it didn't kill him. So there's a bear out there somewhere... eep.

13 minutes ago, Sherri said:

Put one shot in him and jumped back inside. But it didn't kill him. So there's a bear out there somewhere... eep.

probably a good thing you didnt have to cook a bear just after cooking an entire moose!  😉  Cabin fever for sure then! lol

buy hey, just as an fyi, if I remember correctly, there's something about shooting the bear and then immediately entering an "interior" cell that somehow negates the effect of your shot and he lives to see another day.  Not really sure if that is correct or not, but I've been led to believe that usually the bear bleeds out from a single wound over time otherwise.  maybe somebody reading these post can clarify on that?  

36 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

buy hey, just as an fyi, if I remember correctly, there's something about shooting the bear and then immediately entering an "interior" cell that somehow negates the effect of your shot and he lives to see another day.  Not really sure if that is correct or not, but I've been led to believe that usually the bear bleeds out from a single wound over time otherwise.  maybe somebody reading these post can clarify on that?  

Hmmm.