Curing of meat

Alexg

There is lots and lots of good discussion about the idea on previous threads, but I will just echo what I mentioned in a couple of those threads:

On 2/24/2020 at 3:16 AM, ManicManiac said:

I don't see a need to have a system for preserving food when the current set up already provides the same effect, and I don't think it's such a critical issue to warrant overhauling the systems again to add this particular facet when the current effect is the essentially present.  Again though, I can agree that it would be a nice touch... but one that I can live without.

On 2/20/2020 at 11:49 PM, ManicManiac said:

preserving food (particularly meats) is a topic that does come up often, however considering everything that's already in place and the various ways we can use (or choose to look at) them... I just don't see curing meats as being all that necessary.  Though I do agree that it might be a nice touch... but for all intents and purposes the functions are already there (so to speak).

:coffee::fire:

I would expect that any implementation of food preservation techniques beyond that currently available (putting meat and fish outside in the cold) will be somewhat more  and significantly less useful than hoped.