Hello from Canada

Jekku

Hello everyone! I hail from rugged Northern Ontario.

I've always really loved the outdoors, as I grew up spending a lot of time outdoors, camping, fishing, etc.

My ex girlfriend introduced me to this game a few years ago, I wanna say late 2017, and... I'm hooked. I have 410 hours in the game, although a lot of that was spent in stalker difficulty. I now want to try running more interloper difficulty and decided I should join the Hinterland forums as I've been a passive reader for quite a while. Decided it would be fun to join in the social experience.

I look forward to meeting you and conversing more.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, Jekku said:

I now want to try running more interloper difficulty

The challenge is going up :)

There is nothing like the first days of an interloper run, death is really after you :) , you can hear the ripper sings "Every breath you take" behind your back.

One of the most challenging thing to do on early interloper is to dispute a fresh deer carcass from a wolf who just killed it, when you have only stones and matches.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 9:59 AM, stratvox said:

Hey! Where are you from up there? I'm down at the headwaters of the St. Lawrence in Kingston.

Apologies for the delay. I'm actually near the Thunder Bay area, so quite remote. I guess I should slightly correct myself, it's more Northwestern Ontario.

I was actually supposed to go to Kingston for an Astronomy conference at Queens, unfortunately it was cancelled due to COVID. I hear it's a very beautiful area! I've lived in Southern Ontario (Hamilton, for school) and there were some beautiful areas, especially near Parry Sound. Although I found life was quite busy compared to NW Ontario. There's a survivalist from the Barrie area I watch and it looks absolutely beautiful there. I hope to check it out more in my future travels.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!