Trouble with balaclava

piddy3825

So this has happened to me know a couple of times, once on an old save and today on a brand new sandbox.  So I found a balaclava in a locker, took it into my possession and proceeded to repair it too 100%.  After a few initial sewing failures, I finally manage to finish the project.  I go to put it on and when I look for it the item it is missing from my inventory.  I get out of clothing mode and check inventory and there is balaclava showing up in the clothing pocket of my backpack.  Good thing I already had two toques, eh?  This happening with anybody else?

Never had a problem with the balaclava.  Given what you did, I would have expected to see the balaclava as one of the options to don in the clothing paper doll head.  I think it can only go on as the inner layer for the head but that's about all I can say.  Even if there was a toque equipped it should have been possible to get the game to show it so you can then tell it to wear it.  I don't know what could have gone wrong except a glitch.

Since it’s an inner clothing piece, and you can only wear one, I’ve found one balaclava is all you need per game.  Even if you get mauled by a bear it’s unlikely to damage it much.  Never have lost one yet. 

17 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Never had a problem with the balaclava.  Given what you did, I would have expected to see the balaclava as one of the options to don in the clothing paper doll head.  I think it can only go on as the inner layer for the head but that's about all I can say.  Even if there was a toque equipped it should have been possible to get the game to show it so you can then tell it to wear it.  I don't know what could have gone wrong except a glitch.

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Yeah, the balaclava will only appear in the right head slot on the clothing menu. The left head slot won't display it, since that's the outer layer.

in my best Homer Simpson voice... DUH!  yeah, i was trying to put it on in the wrong slot.  thanks for pointing it out as I was probably running a fever on account of that cabin fever virus that's been going around! 

Personally, I've never seen the point of the balaclava.

Compared to the wool toque, it has identical stats except better windchill and protection values. But, since it can only be worn on the inner layer, these are essentially meaningless due to the fact that only the outer layer's windchill and protection values are added to your total.

That being said, free bonus is free, so I'm not gonna complain. But still, I just don't get that excited when I find one compared to, for example, wool longjohns or climbing socks, which are undeniably the best in slot.

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2020 at 7:56 PM, Jimmy said:

Personally, I've never seen the point of the balaclava.

Compared to the wool toque, it has identical stats except better windchill and protection values. But, since it can only be worn on the inner layer, these are essentially meaningless due to the fact that only the outer layer's windchill and protection values are added to your total.

That being said, free bonus is free, so I'm not gonna complain. But still, I just don't get that excited when I find one compared to, for example, wool longjohns or climbing socks, which are undeniably the best in slot.

agree, but but but..... it looks cool!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1