Spraining my Ankles & Wrists way too Much [Xbox?]

ThistleTop

Hey! So I just started playing The Long Dark on Xbox due to computer issues and I feel like I’m spraining my ankles way too much. I’ve sprained my ankles collectively 4 times, and my wrist 1 time, all within the first 24ish hours of ingame time. I don’t remember it being anywhere near this bad on computer, I basically can’t go anywhere without getting a sprain. I usually get them while walking on inclines. It just feels way too frequent, and I’m not sure if this is a bug,  something unique to the Xbox Version or a new feature with Errant Pilgrim. Has anyone else encountered this? Or an I just very unlucky?

Its quite debilitating. Sometimes moving into the hills is the only way to avoid a bear or wolf, and since my game just began & they often concentrate around choke points, I often don’t have much of a choice but to take the high around and try and go around them. And then of course, I sprain my ankle. Consistantly enough that I know this will happen whenever I climb a hill. It doesn’t even have to be climbing on a hill— I could just be walking on a slight incline. Maybe least add snowshoes or a hiking skill to decrease the liklihood?

• Upvote 1

Ok so look out for the incline/slope warning indicator at bottom of the screen. When this is showing it means you are at risk of a sprain. If under carry weight the chances are pretty low. If you are over your carry capacity it massively increase that risk. And from what I've found the longer you stay on an incline (with warning indicator showing) the chance becomes almost guaranteed. 

So my advice would be to travel under carry weight and try to minimise time on slopes where possible.

Also if you have to spend a long time on a steep slope/is a long climb up/down then it helps to crouch and slowly crawl. Also zigzag as much as possible . Just like on real mountain trails the zig zagging path /route lessens the slope .

Hope this helps 

And welcome to the best survival game out there.imho

Edited by sierra 117